Sign in to follow this  
Tsarg

The season is upon us!

8 posts in this topic

Alright gentlemen, It is that time of the year where our sundays belong to us instead of our women, where the scent of grass, leather, beer and pizza are in the air, where our tv remotes fear for their integrity unless you are a follower of any team with a real chance of making the playoffs, yes ....... its football season, and in order to continue the 47th tradition of hosting a fantasy league between its members I wanted to create a fantasy league at NFL.com. However, due to the incredibly deep amount of options available for creating the league (such as but not limited to: Draft Type, number of teams, Cant cut Lists, trade options, etc, etc) I wanted to see who is interested in joining and helping me chose the best options for having a fun and successful league for the legionnaires.

Speak up football fans!!!!

The league hasnt been created yet at the NFL website, so we can still create it somewhere else. I myself played last season a league ther and can honestly say it was competitive, even with a bunch of strangers.

I will wait for instructions and for more people confirming their will to participate!!

I'm in. ESPN or Yahoo have leagues.

first suggestions:

4 pts for throwing TD

6 pts for rushing or receiving TD

2 pts for a 2pt convert

-2 for fumbles lost  and interceptions

- maybe 2 bonus points for 100 yds and 1 bonus point for 150 yds?

passing yds bonus points at 300 and 400 -- maybe 2 and 1?

not a point per reception league

passing yds:  1 point per 25 yds?

pick a kicker and 1 pt a convert and 3 points for a FG; 4 pts for 40+ FG; 5 pts for 50+ FG

lose 1 pt for a missed convert?

lose 1 point for a missed FG?

pick a defence -- 6 - points for each TD scored; 2 pts for an interception and fumble recovered; 2 points for a sack; start with 20 points and lose points if lose your shut out:

- figure out a scale for how many points you lose for giving up points

- figure out a system for gaining points or losing points for yds against

don't pick individual defence players

roster --

starters

1 qb // 2 rb // 2 wr // 1 te // 1 def // 1 k // 2 flex = 10

bench 7 picks -  max: 2 qb // 3 rb // 3 wr // 1 te // 1 def // 1 k

so 17 players with max of 3 qb // 5 rb // 5 wr // 2 te // 2 def // 2 k

snake draft

Guest Cabledx48

i am in as well.  but my question is can it work with 4 ppl if not do you guys have any friends that might be interested in joining.

Guest Cabledx48

Shofur said he will join.  If we can get one to three willing to join us. we will be golden.