• Announcement

Put here any message that can be a great announcement.

Cavadus

Wanted to get a new discussion going on this.  To get into the testing for Fragmented, their survival sandbox server-based game in the vein of Rust or ARK, you need to visit your pledges page and click the button to sign up for a beta key.

And here's the April 2016 newsletter for Fragmented.

Wait, so if we bought into TR originally, that shit's no good!?

Did you request the Fragmented alpha key like I mentioned in the OP?  If not you won't get a key.

Fragmented is their tech demo for doing shit on the Unreal 4 engine.  TRP 2.0 will iterate off Fragmented but they're two independent titles.  Fragmented is supposed to be something like ARK or Rust but in the TRP-verse.

Spent about twenty minutes in-game when I get home before jumping into some homework.

What I really like about it is that your character's XP and skill progress is permanent.  You get some skill points every set amount of XP collected (which you get for basically everything) and you increase those points to unlock more crafting recipes.  Not exactly sure what happened, as I thought I was on the server alone, but I went AFK for a few minutes and came back to a freshly spawned avatar so someone or something killed me.  

But I enjoyed what little I saw.  Will get a bit more into it tonight.

I logged in to the Repop site but it wouldn't recognize my "name" but did recognize my email.

Then it didn't recognize password -- so I reset that -- then when I logged in it said hello to me as my "name".

So I "think" I signed up for the beta but still haven't had any email back with a key.

And I still can't sign in with my "name".

So Cav -- think you can ask them for a dozen keys so we can get some for everyone who wants one?

Did you request the Fragmented alpha key like I mentioned in the OP?  If not you won't get a key.

Fragmented is their tech demo for doing shit on the Unreal 4 engine.  TRP 2.0 will iterate off Fragmented but they're two independent titles.  Fragmented is supposed to be something like ARK or Rust but in the TRP-verse.

I did right after I read this post. 

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you purchased TRP on Steam and DO NOT have an account on their official website you can get your Fragmented key by...

1. Create account on official TRP website;
  2. In Steam copy your CD key to clipboard;
  3. On the TRP website hover over "Early Access" in the navigation menu and click on "Backer Portal: My Pledges;" and
  4. At the top of the page you will see a small link with instructions on importing your Steam purchase.

After you import your Steam purchase you need to go back to "Backer Portal: My Pledges" and click the button to request a Fragmented key.  Even if you don't all backers will get Fragmented access on April 26th.

Some helpful slash and console commands.

Slash commands

These should be inputted directly in the chat box. Parameters to replace are [ between brackets ].

Any instance of [character name] should have the character name enclosed by double quotes "" if the character has a composed name (i.e. /ban "josh halls").

• /ban [ character name ] [GM COMMAND]
  • /creategroup [ group name ] --> creates a chat group and adds a tab named [group_name]
  • /gm guildsdata --> unsure, debugging command?
  • /gm playersdata --> unsure, debugging command?
  • /guildinvite [ character name ]
  • /info [ topic ] --> topics : {steam} (probably useful for other things than just steam?.. let me know if you find/know of other uses!)
  • /item create 1 [ item name ] --> spawns a given item in your inventory [GM COMMAND]
  • /item armorcolor [ part ] [ model_color_region ] [ r ] [ g ] [ b ] [ alpha ] --> sets the color of a specific area of the model of the part of armor currently worn by the character [GM COMMAND]
  • /joingroup [ group name ] --> joins a chat group and adds a tab named [group_name]
  • /kick [character name] [GM COMMAND]
  • /leavegroup [ group name ] --> leaves a chat group and removes a tab named [group_name]
  • /location --> gives your x y z location, which can be used with the /teleport
  • /mute [ character name ]
  • /pm [ character name ]
  • /profile --> lists or modifies current server ruleset [GM COMMAND]
  • /restore --> Almost like a /stuck type command for testing. If your character winds up in a borked state for some reason it will try to reset them. For example if you died and returned and stopped regenerating or something of that nature. [GM COMMAND]
  • /save --> no idea what that does!
  • /setname [ playername ] --> renames your character on this server/save (as one of the slash commands instead of only in the console)
  • /suicide (thanks Stadi)
  • /speed [0-255] --> increase running speed [GM COMMAND]
  • /teleport [ x ] [ y ] [ z ] (fun for testing! but probably not for gameplay purposes) [GM COMMAND]
  • /time --> current server timestamp?
  • /unban [ character name ] [GM COMMAND]
  • /unmute [ character name ]
  • /who --> lists all clients logged in the current server
  • /wipeme charactercreation --> removes the current character info from the server (temporary fix command if you have issues when login in your character)
  • /wipeme equipment --> wipe out currently equipped equipment [GM COMMAND]
  • /wipeme inventory --> clear out your inventory [GM COMMAND]
  • /wipeme structures --> command to clear all structures [GM COMMAND]

Console commands

Use backquote to open the console from anywhere within the game client (even the main menu) and then input the commands.

• exit --> quits the game and closes the client
  • open 108.61.6.19 --> manually connects to POMS
  • reconnect --> reconnects to the last server; has been seen fixing some issues on occasions (net timeout, wrong name attribution..)
  • setname [ character name ] --> renames your character on this server/save (as one of the slash commands instead of only in the console)
  • stat fps --> displays fps meters
  • stat net --> displays networking meters
  • stat unit --> display frame/game/draw/gpu times (if you are running into anything in particular that is causing pretty heavy framerate dips)
  • stat unitgraph --> same as above but in graph format

Well, sent them a ticket and they answered really fast and were very polite. They checked my status as a backer since 2014 and apologized for not sending me my key. They stated that all of the backers of the repopulation (that have registered for a key in fragmented) will receive a key to play this weekend. Really looking forward to that.

In an effort to not overlap our skills too much, lets declare what we are going to max out.  My main skill, currently at rank 8 is Refining.  I've got 5 in Textiles and points elsewhere as well.  

I also created the 47th Legion again.  Our base is at the banana / trout lake on the NE tip.  

I'm gonna try to max out textiles and ranged so that I can craft us the armor and ranged weapons we will need to massacre the wildlife, YEAH!

@Bealin: no idea mate. I only heard they were giving a free copy of the game to the repop owners but other than that, you might want to look it up on steam and see if there is any way to download a trial. I don't see any option there cause It says I already own it and its in my library, but you might get something different.