Sign in to follow this  
Revoco

About you

10 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone. I used to be a member of this fine forum. I was thinking about Cav's recipes the other day and figured I would log in and see what you guys are into these days. So, what games do ya'll recommend?

Yep. How has it been? Sorry for creating another account but my old email is long gone and I forgot my login stuffs.

Mechwarrior looks kind of interesting. What turned you off of it the first time around?

PM me your desired password and e-mail and I'll straighten out your old account.

Problem with MWO was a few things for me.  I was a huge BattleTech/MechWarrior fan growing up.  Played'em all and even started my first guild way back in... oy, 1998 or something like that.  Striker actually joined that guild back then.

But MWO disappointed me right off the bat.  It was just a MOBA, lots of crash grabs by the devs in selling mech chassis, and it just felt like a huge retread of MechWarrior 4 which itself wasn't super different from MechWarrior 3 and I played those two games for six years.  So MWO just felt old right off the bat.

Yeah, I actually have a ton of mechs and had even purchased one of the Inner Sphere mech packs (the one with the Enforcer, Zeus, Grasshopper, and Panther) but quit before they even released them (another thing that irked me about MWO, they sell new mech packs before the mechs even exist).

Even though ArmA is a FPS and the gameplay certainly reflects it, I would consider it a special type of FPS. You have more time to make decisions, it is very tactical based and it is not the call of duty or battlefield type of FPS where you "go in / get shot / respawn". Dont get me wrong, you WILL die a lot, but it is a much more satisfactory experience than the other games I mentioned or your regular type of FPS.