Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Fallout 4

Here's a compilation of my must-have mods.

Configurable Power Armor Fusion Core Drain

As the title says, allows one to set a custom fusion core drain rate.  I opted to go with the working reactor route so zero drain unless using jump jets.

Power Armor Re(balance)

This makes power armor not suck, statistically.  Protections are increased, bonuses are increased, et cetera.  Now the T45 and T51 sets won't be sorry piles of junk which aren't even as good as combat armor.

ZephyrWarrior's F4 Power Armor Overhaul

This adds tons of new paints and now makes faction users have more lore appropriate paint jobs.  Additionally, it fixes some of the wonkiness in the customization.

Weapon Balance Overhaul

Exactly as it says; weapon stats overhaul.  Some stuff got buffed, some nerfed.  Stuff like the miniguns have been buffed, institute stuff has been buffed, et cetera.

Craftable Ammunition

With the correct perks you can now craft ammo at the chemistry crafting station.

Lowered Weapons

This is a hugely important one.  In first-person view your weapon will be lowered until you fire it or scope-in.  Now that rifle won't take up half of your screen real estate.

Robot Home Defense

Allows you to craft various robots for settlement defense.

True Storms

Makes storms significantly more immersive and visually impressive.  New sound effects as well.

Cool, installed darker nights.  Put it on the penultimate setting but haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Forgot a hugely important mod!

Full Dialog Interface

Replaces the conversation menu with a numbered dialog list which shows the entire line of dialog your character actually says.  No more sarcastic, angry, et cetera, vague-ass choices.  Plus numbers, which, like, is way better for a fucking keyboard than the arrow keys.

Shoddycast's Fallout Lore Series

Not a mod but a youtube series about the lore of the universe.  Extremely well done and lots of great footage and editing.  I highly recommend it!

Keep your eye out for when the creation kit drops. I am waiting for nexus to drop compatibility with FO4 before I start modding.

I also am waiting for a mod to extensively add amount of items, base guns, armor, etc.

If you find anything that increases the amount of mods for armor and guns too please post :)

Good work so far Cav.

If you find anything that increases the amount of mods for armor and guns too please post :)

You'll like these:

Armorsmith Extended

Complete overhaul of the armor and clothing system.  Everything is much more uniform and customizable.

Legendary Modifications

Adds legendary mods for armor and weapons.

Settlement Supplies Expanded

Adds about ~400 more buildable things for settlements.

So Bethesda just released a bunch of info on the DLC's they plan on releasing, starting in March, which you can view here: https://bethesda.net/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=020916-Fallout-1.3Update&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=021616-Fallout-DLC#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Also, they will be raising the price of the season pass on March 1st from $29.99USD to $49.99USD, so if you had planned on picking up the season pass, do it before March 1st to save some money!

Well I feel stupid. I've been waiting months for the Nexus Mods to work with Fallout 4, but apparently it was compatible back in November and I was just too stupid to try updating my Nexus Mod Manager.... TIme for mods then!

And I am just going to suck it up and buy the season pass with some extra money I have even though I really didn't want to right now... At least we'll get some actually AWESOME looking DLC every month! Custom built robo companions!? Enemy trapping and arena fights!? New land mass!? Bethesda has already done it again with the extra content and that' not even all of it O.o

Well I feel stupid. I've been waiting months for the Nexus Mods to work with Fallout 4, but apparently it was compatible back in November and I was just too stupid to try updating my Nexus Mod Manager.... TIme for mods then!

And I am just going to suck it up and buy the season pass with some extra money I have even though I really didn't want to right now... At least we'll get some actually AWESOME looking DLC every month! Custom built robo companions!? Enemy trapping and arena fights!? New land mass!? Bethesda has already done it again with the extra content and that' not even all of it O.o

Didn't you see the upper parts of this thread where we discussed our favorite mods for FO4?  

Didn't you see the upper parts of this thread where we discussed our favorite mods for FO4?

Sure did. I read through most of them as well, but I just assumed you were all doing it manually.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I bet not enough people bought the season pass based on the lackluster Skyrim DLC's so they pulled this price doubling stunt to force it.  I sure didn't buy it until yesterday.  

I don't think they really pulled anything. They ended up making a heck of a lot more content than they originally planned. They had put the 30 buck price tag on the season pass before they ever even started planning any concepts for DLC, and were expecting it all to be worth about $40. Now they ended up diving head-first into the DLC as they always do and it's gonna be worth probably double the original prediction. They have to bump the price so quickly cause the stuff is gonna start dropping in a month or less.

Lackluster Skyrim DLC? Were we playing the same game? Heck the SKyrim DLC have been rated some of the best DLC of all time (right next to Fallout 3's DLC XD).

Sure there was hearthfire that was essentially just an official addition of a mod that was already out there... but that was still only 5 bucks. Not to mention I don't think there was a Skyrim Season pass so it wasn't like anyone could feel like they got ripped off. But, the two other DLC's were awesome expansions to the game, totally overhauling vampires and werewolfs, adding new places and insanely good story lines. Not to mention the HUGE island they added in the final DLC and the reworking of endgame leveling and scaling enemies.

What did you end up not liking about them?

I personally bought one of the $15 expansions for Skyrim and never even got the time to play it at all...haha

As for Fallout 4, I will be paying the extra money for the DLCs unfortunately. I think the impression that they are doing mass amounts of work that justifies the price may be too early to call, because I personally focus on making it so software can easily expand its features with as little work as possible, so the reality may be they just figured out a highly optimized way to provide expansion of feature subsets such as  crafting, weapons, etc.

As an example, if done correctly, you can reduce the job of implementing a weapon in game to only the artists (graphical representation and animation [maybe include the game designer who defines the damage and range of a gun]).

Basically, implementing a new weapon in a game can be done by a single artist if you have a script that will generate the code that allows the game to know what that weapon represents. So you have LUA script defining the weapon config, the C++ is most likely already capable of understanding all of the configs for the asset type of "weapon", and all you have to do is fill out a web form that submits those config values and links the animations to the 3D Weapon and 2D thumbnail.

Once you have the base game, expanding the game can be limited solely by the ability of your art department, if you programmed it correctly from the start that is!

Awards

Interesting points Striker. I do agree it's too earl to give it any kind of a real expectation, but based off Bethesda's track record on DLC, we'll be in for a lot of fun either way.

i don't think they are raising the price because they are working more on it, I think they just came up with a lot more they want to do. Bethesda likes to brainstorm a lot and then put most of their ideas in the game even if they aren't sure if it will work. Knowing Todd Howard, he probably finished Fallout 4 and his brain just went off the rails with all kinds of ideas for the game.

Id say we are missing the most obvious part here. They are raising the price simply because they can. They know they have a hit on their hands wihch is evidenced by the massive sales and incredibly high review scores the game was given (which are ALL rightly deserved imo) and simply decided that the best course of action for their business (cause at the end of the day they dont do this for charity) was to increase the price on the season pass. Maybe for as good as the game sold they were just not seling enough season passes and simply decided to pull this tactic in order to sell a high amount of season passes in a short amount of time. Worst case scenario for them, the people that still hasnt bought the season pass will either buy it now, or they will simply buy it later if the reviews are high again. If you ask me, from a marketing and sales point of view thats a win/win for bethesda.

Id say we are missing the most obvious part here. They are raising the price simply because they can. They know they have a hit on their hands wihch is evidenced by the massive sales and incredibly high review scores the game was given (which are ALL rightly deserved imo) and simply decided that the best course of action for their business (cause at the end of the day they dont do this for charity) was to increase the price on the season pass. Maybe for as good as the game sold they were just not seling enough season passes and simply decided to pull this tactic in order to sell a high amount of season passes in a short amount of time. Worst case scenario for them, the people that still hasnt bought the season pass will either buy it now, or they will simply buy it later if the reviews are high again. If you ask me, from a marketing and sales point of view thats a win/win for bethesda.

This is definitely a valid idea, but I think you overstate the definitive nature of them raising the price "because they can" (not to mention it also competes with your theory on a purely marketing driven price bump).

One thing to add to the general theory, would be the reduction in price of the Season Pass within a short amount of time after the bump when their numbers are not high enough and a price reduction would once again achieve exactly what is achieved the the original marketing ploy (more sales to the holdouts who jump on the lower price as if they were getting a deal).

I just started working in the marketing arena and I have to say that it is honestly one of the most ridiculously deceptive fields around...most marketing professionals would probably make wonderful interrogators...lols

Awards

Well just finished the Bethesda E3 conference.. which was astounding as expected.

Next week Fallout 4 gets a brand new DLC called Contraptions, which adds on a bunch of building stuff like conveyor belts, sorting machines, ball contraptions, etc., then in July we get another building-based DLC called Vault-Tec which adds everything for you to build and experiment on your own vault and vault dwellers, then finally in August we get another MASSIVE DLC similar in scope to Far Harbor called Nuka World that looks like a Nuka Cola theme park town.... good lord is Bethesda awesome.

Well I think if anyone had doubts as to whether the Season Pass price increase was valid, they might sleep a little better now. Six DLC in total for $50, all so far outstanding and worth more than most DLC for any other modern game, not to mention that two of the six DLC announced so far are expansion-level content for those of you who were more fond of the Expansion pack good-ole days lol. Honestly, I don't even think Todd Howard is any where near done yet with Fallout 4.

Forgot to mention that Fallout is coming to the HTC Vive VR headset next year in its full glory, and they made an Elderscrolls V remastered edition with MUCH better graphics AND mod support on consoles that releases in October. Oh yeah and a brand new Quake, and Dishonored 2, and Elderscrolls Legends... Busy Bethesda Bees.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this