Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

Beta Applications are Up

17 posts in this topic

Its beta application time. Lets make ourselves a presence in Earthrise's beta.

Beta Application News and Discussion Thread

THE BETA SIGNUP

January 5 Question of the Week Regarding Beta

Greetings everyone and welcome to 2009!

Welcome to our first Question of the Week for 2009! We hope everyone's holidays were fantastic, and admit we couldn't resist peeking into the forums over holiday to see what everyone was up to. As mentioned, this week's question is all about beta and how you can help.

For those people curious about the process, this question was inspired by two threads:

http://forums.play-earthrise.com/index.php?topic=2058.0

http://forums.play-earthrise.com/index.php?topic=1049.0

With that in mind, I posed this question to our developers.

Question: As a developer, what sort of suggestions can you provide for our future beta testers on how to make our upcoming beta efforts as successful as possible?

Other than iron will patience until the beta hits in, beta testers should show persistence, ingenuity and a creative mind. We expect our beta testers to try out our extensive ability system and use every ability with every possible enhancement tactic, in all possible situations - against monsters, against players in one versus one combat, in groups PvP and ultimately in siege PvP involving armies of characters against each other. Our beta testers should be ready to attempt to abuse every single rule out there and report them, so we fix those in advance. When it comes to crafting, we want to simulate various degrees of crafter involvement - from guilds that don’t have a single crafter and rely on others, to guilds that outsource combat missions to others and ultimately try to take control over the island via marketing prowess. Finally, territory conquest is the most important feature of the game and we want to give it the polish it deserves. To allow this, we need guilds who would hold siege battles all the time, with us monitoring the process from behind and making the modifications needed to make it as fun as possible for them and the players who would come after them. And most importantly, we want to see our beta testers having fun, because it's all this game is about - control, conquest, crafting, a helluva lot of fun!

Additionally, we would like to take the opportunity to welcome the many new faces to our forum (and remind our forum vets to remain respectful and helpful as many of them have been) and say we look forward to playing with you all together soon.

For discussion on the beta application announcement, plus current status of the application, please see this thread. Please note that QOTW is heavily moderated, and off topic discussions will be moved, merged or deleted accordingly. This is also not the place to advertise for a guild in any fashion (looking for a guild/looking for members) - we've got a whole forum for that. Smiley

Please feel free to discuss ways you plan on helping during beta. If you were chosen (and for this thread let's presume you already have been, to keep discussion focused), what specific things would you do to help out given our question of the week answer above? Will you make a guild? Focus on crafting? Both? Neither? Let's hear it.

~ m.

Guest Sejanus

I'm hoping my very long list of beta testing experience will give me a little bit of an edge ^_^

I'm glad they went through the trouble of an actual application, unlike most games these days that just tell you to make an account and sit and wait to see if you were randomly picked or not x_x

Guest Sejanus

Oh, and before I forget, kudos to Campbell for always being on the ball with the news from ER devs and forums. ^_^

Organization and communication are the keys to a successful guild!

Guest Gangrenous

My app is in!! Hopefully they will like my new Alienware ALX comp specs and give me a spot!!!:smokin:

If I get in the beta I will try to make the guild there, we can test the hell out of the guild system. I personally am going to focus on the crafting system, but it sounds like we will be getting lots of GM support for changing skills on the fly and abilities so they can be checked out with out the time waste of earning em.

Too bad Kav wont be able to join us in the Beta.

Guest Draconis
Too bad Kav wont be able to join us in the Beta.
No shit. It takes a lot of the excitement out of the whole idea :(

I don't think my present rig has any chance to get accepted, I'm still running windows 2000 :o I plan to upgrade things about when Dawn of War 2 comes out.

I expect we'll see some representation from the clan, at some point in beta, whenever that is :)

Oh, and before I forget, kudos to Campbell for always being on the ball with the news from ER devs and forums. ^_^

Organization and communication are the keys to a successful guild!

./dap Campbell

App is in. Hopefully my well worded and witty answers will woo them to my will.

Guest Draconis

I put in my application too. Hopefully I will be able to update it in the next month or so with a newer, more impressive, rig (OK, with a less obsolete one anyway) :)

Guest Sejanus

I'm not all that worried about the beta TBH, more concerned with the extent of the NDA and whether or not it'll let us post various tidbits of info and screens, so that people outside of the beta can still ooo and aahh.

Sign in to follow this