Sign in to follow this  
Celestiae

NCSoft pulls the plug; TR to close 28Feb2009

20 posts in this topic

Tabula Rasa is finished, according to the main website. The servers will go dark on 28Feb2009, and the game will be free to play after 10Jan2009.

Meanwhile, over at PlanetTR, the fanboys are only now beginning their expedition through Dr. Kubler-Ross' "5 stages of grief." It's kind of fun to watch it in action.

Guest Cavadus

[JUSTIFY]

To the Tabula Rasa Community,

Last November we launched what we hoped would be a ground breaking sci-fi MMO. In many ways, we think we've achieved that goal. Tabula Rasa has some unique features that make it fun and very different from every other MMO out there. Unfortunately, the fact is that the game hasn't performed as expected. The development team has worked hard to improve the game since launch, but the game never achieved the player population we hoped for.

So it is with regret that we must announce that Tabula Rasa will end live service on February 28, 2009.

Before we end the service, we'll make Tabula Rasa servers free to play starting on January 10, 2009.

We can assure you that through the next couple of months we'll be doing some really fun things in Tabula Rasa, and we plan to make staying on a little longer worth your while. For more details about what we are doing for Tabula Rasa players, please click here.

Stay tuned for more information. We thank you for your loyal support of the game and encourage you to take us up on the benefits we're offering Tabula Rasa players.

The Tabula Rasa Team

Original Link

Ooh, I'm shocked. Sucks to be PlanetTR:rofl:[/JUSTIFY]

Wow. I don't know why, but there's something slightly depressing about watching something I used to play die.

Still fucking shocked that SWG is still alive and flailing for every inch of life, btw.

Still fucking shocked that SWG is still alive and flailing for every inch of life, btw.

SOE has a "Shut down games to bare minimum services and squeeze every last drop of money out of them" policy.

Guest Cavadus
SOE has a "Shut down games to bare minimum services and squeeze every last drop of money out of them" policy.

Yes, they're quite adept at that. As much as people may hate Smedley SOE's revenue increased something like 16% since he's taken over.

It's kinda fucked up.

I look at Smedley like those one of those old guys in Trading Places. I expect to see him walking down the street one day showering himself in money and laughing.

And nice try on the Sarah Morrison armor Nova :D

Guest Cavadus
It was worth a try. =\

I've reserved the character name "Sarah Morrison" for myself in CoX. =D

Snap, you could probably make the full on character now:)

Guest Cavadus
What build? I'm thinking assault rifle / energy?

It would definitely have to be corruptor AR/x. With the sniper rifle or Vanguard rifle. I'm not really familiar enough with any corr secondaries besides traps but I'd say kinetics wouldn't be a bad fit. Sonic or rad wouldn't be out of character either. I think a case could even be made for therm.

Guest Washburne

Its really sad. In the back of my mind I think I was still holding out hope that they would put in some end-game content and I could go back to playing it. If they had put in some repeatable content for level 50 and just kept adding to it, I would still be playing that game. I hope at some point and time some other game company buys the rights to it actually does something with it because its a great base for a game.

Wash

Guest Draconis

Yeah, no surprise.

Well, I was going to resub and play over the winter break anyway. Now I can do it with a clear conscience, knowing that there's no reason to wait for it to get any better :)

Anyone like to join me, I think I'll roll new characters on Pegasus or something.

Dev Rideout just announced that the remaining caretaker staff intend to go bugshit and release every bit of content they've been holding back, since it's all moot now anyway.

I'm going to re-up once this stuff starts hitting, just to see what they had in store.

Have no fear, RPs back on Cassi! Not only are the Hounds returning, but Shadow Saints are as well. I have seen some of the 28th, and even a Nightstalker reporting in on TRRP this week.

. . . who?

*runs away laughing*

You truly gave me a laugh. Clever is the most irritating RP'er I've ever met. The character was irritating, the RL ego was irritating, the way the clan was run was irritating, the elitist superiority was irritating. I hated that fucking clan.

You truly gave me a laugh. Clever is the most irritating RP'er I've ever met. The character was irritating, the RL ego was irritating, the way the clan was run was irritating, the elitist superiority was irritating. I hated that fucking clan.

Yeah, the sheer nerve of that woman is unbelievable, bordering on insane.

Guest Cavadus

[JUSTIFY]Heh, to this day one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen RP-wise was when Clever and Ambrose were flaming the shit out of some poor asshole on TRRP because he told them that the RP fluff they invented to explain why Tabula Rasa rewards a player with money each time they make a kill is stupid.

Ha, what a stupid cunt.[/JUSTIFY]

Sign in to follow this