• Announcement

Put here any message that can be a great announcement.

NewEgg.com: Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X for just $270!

Cavadus

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202103

$50.00 instant savings.

Holy shit, insane deal.  This is the cheapest it's ever been and this THE BIG DADDY of R9 290s.  This R9 290 smokes 290Xs!  Plus it comes with a $20 online redeemable rebate AND an AMD game pack which allows you to choose three games, one of which being a special Star Citizen bundle.

Seriously, if you can pick one of these up NOW I highly recommend it.  I just got word today from Sapphire that I have to wait until their next production run completes or accept a refurbished card to RMA my first gen one.  I said I'd wait until next production and then I bought this one off NewEgg just now.

That sucks!

One other thing I should add:  this card requires a minimum of a 750 watt power supply.  Also, it's over a foot long and takes up 2.5 PCI slots (it only plugs into one, though, it's just that flippin' tall).  So make sure you've got the room and power for it.  I had a HDD enclosure sitting behind my PCI slots with my storage HDD in it and I had to relocate the HDD to the lower power supply compartent HDD enclosure and then completely remove the one on the mobo level to make room for it.

Big fucking card.  Also needs two of it's own PCI power connections from the PSU.

• 2 weeks later...