Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vahko

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Just download it straight from the game website. F2P restrictions blow hard but for a one month sub you get access everything including the expansion released today. If you decide you really like it and plan to stick with it for a few months I recommend picking up the Amazon bundle which is s $20 worth of cartel coins for the cash shop and three months subscription. That's $65 worth of stuff for $40. I believe a link to the bundle is stickied in the News Network forum.

I know there was some talk of doing conquest stuff on as many chars as you can and what not, I don't recall which post that was in, but I am just going to talk a little about it here now.

I would not go too crazy with it yet, once we have the guild ship your going to want to be getting that 20k AND then some each week, especially if we want to control a planet or come in the top 10. You can get more than 20k conquest points a week, you just need to hit that to get the rewards.

We should really be doing heroic missions out the yin-yang right now to farm credits for the guild ship, we really need that ship before we start going balls out in conquest missions. Those plans you get from the guild conquest rewards are used to upgrade the guild ship, or unlock additional rooms/decks. There are commanders that you can farm on certain planets and stuff, and everyone in the group that is present when he is killed will get additional plans, that can all be placed in the guild bank for ship unlocks.

I would definitely hold on to all those crafting mats until we have unlocked the ship though, you can easily get the 20k conquest from from doing PvP and Galactic Starfighter matches. Besides, I need some people to PvP with!

Im all in for pvp, but i wont let the oportunity to get some purple mat as a reward pass me by. Ive actually already completed it on both my toons in a matter of two days. Once we have the guild flagship the better.

Ive stopped with the heroics for a few days while running my alt through Ilum (already finished), makeb (already finished) and shadow of revan (ongoing). Once ive finished shadow of revan with my alt, Ill run knights of the fallen empire and then ill run the heroic dailies with both my characters on all the planets i can get for maximum efficiency and credits. Ive donated a bit to the guild already, but im planning on focusing on that in the next few weeks.

Sooooo I think we need to plan out our TOR Ops a little better, that way everyone can prepare before hand and be ready right when the ops begins to get right into things. We are getting more and more lvl 65's now which is awesome, this also means we can start doing some actual operations in the game, so we need to plan these out, pick an operation a week in advance, say we will be doing this on sunday, so everyone can make sure they have the quest for it and all the right gear and trinkets like stims and medpacks and whatever else you might want.

Let's get a little better prepared for stuff so we don't waste time catching everyone up.

Yeah, I was thinking about putting out mission plans for at least Sunday ops so we don't have to waste 45 minutes just getting veryone assembled, on the right question, to the right place, et cetera.

Definitely a good idea and one that should be absolutely implemented.  I or other officers will try and get these out at least two days ahead of time so people can prepare appropriately.

PSA:  Companions are being nerfed relatively hard in this patch from what I understand, especially for healing.  Also, at L65 companions have no tanking stats (no armor, no shield, no defense).  So when doing L65 stuff tanking companions will be sliced through like butter.  I ran into this big time when trying to get my solo heroic star fortress done.  I couldn't figure out why Fourex was getting massacred so damn quickly.

Turns out that when a tank companion is level synced down they have appropriate at stats.  At L65 they have no tanking or defensive stats at all.  So tanks at max level are basically worthless and who knows how healing is going to shake out after this.

Good summary of companion nerf here:

Companion Nerf

Basicly, the companions are now going to function as intended. Before, most content was trivial with a healing companion, now difficult stuff will actually be a challenge. Companions still scale up with influence.

Awards

Yeah, the healing was bananas no doubt and I had even seen a few mentions in game about booting real players so people could pop companions.

I think this was exactly the sort of thing that prompted the healing nerf to companions.

Awards

Healing companions were simply SUPER OP. Im a bit worried about what cav is saying for the tanking companions at 65 though. I hadnt heard of that issue before since ive never played a healing character in need to have a tanking companion at 65, but I worry for the healers out there who do.

I hope that even with the nerf we are able to use our companions to a degree at the star fortresses running them solo. However finding people for the star fortresses is never difficult since there are always 100+ calls for em on general chat in Odessen.

The guild ship is currently parked above Tatooine for the rakghoul plague event (which is currently broken, btw, excep for the eyeless operation) and orbital support has been activated.

Additionally, Odin has gotten some of the utility decos up on the ship.

Well I must say I am enjoying the new chapters so far, gonna be playing through them all on all of my different characters, on to my 2nd one now.....weeeeeee

On a side note, I do need some guild invites on the imp side, if anyone has a char in the imp guild.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this