Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Tom Clancy's The Division

Well this does mean that you can't trade items you have crafted, only ones you pick up while in a group, and only for a certain time after obtaining it. Most MMO's have this option, as most other games have shared loot, and in case someone loots something by accident they have the option to trade it to another group member for a few hours after obtaining it. At least with The Division everyone gets their own loot, so if your in a group you can help gear people up faster being able to trade with 3 other people. I could see this changing DZ Farming a bit to help newer 30's get some good gear faster.

Would definitely come in handy for loot mix-ups in the DZ after deaths.  Side note, got the gold operator pads off the special gear vendor.  Was pretty torn between the pads and the firearms pads recipe.  In the end I took the sure bet.

Oh man, just found out that the weapon skins on the clothing vendor are DIFFERENT for different level ranges.

Each of the following level ranges had a unique weapon skin yesterday:

1-5:  A-TACS Winter

6-14: Chocolate Chip - Loot Crate

15-20: Torn Tape - Red

21-30: Solid - Dark Coyote

Bummed I'm going to miss out on A-TACS Winter.

I've been playing since launch day (but I only reactivated with 47th this morning) and I've been happy with it. I need an invite to the Steam group when you guys get around to it (elcasey1917 on Steam) and then I will see you in-game hopefully! Should be on later tonight. Excited to be fighting alongside people who aren't randoms soon!

For those of you that don't know, Dralzen found a 20% off code for the Season Pass on this article: 

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/46005/article/the-division-season-pass-gets-a-huge-discount-for-a-limited-time/

I'm not sure what the expiration is on this, the article says back on the 14th, but I just used it tonight and it still works. The articel also says you can use the same code for 20% off the base game or gold edition, but I haven't confirmed that. Get it before it goes!

Thanks Dralzen!

Haven't gotten The Division yet. Does it look like it has some longevity?

Depends on the person you ask. I've yet to get bored of it at all because I love looter-shooters. If you get bored of looting, you'll get bored of this. The center of the entire game is loot.

I'd give it two months before real longevity can be proven or disproven. It's a lot of fun right now, they made a lot of money, and the patches have been quick and responsive.

So things look good for now but there is basically no endgame right now with a promise of large endgame operations next month.

Found this gem on the subreddit:

I'm not sure if anyone post this before. Since I searched in this subreddit and got nothing, I post this method here with text and video tutorial.
You can pick up loots (gears, guns, mods, but not Credits/DZ Funds/Phoenix Credits) in distance. Don't need to walk up to loot. Here's how you do it:
  1. Aim at the "item box" you want to pick up.
  2. Triple click your left mouse button.
  3. No worries, If you aim right at the "Item Box", you will loot it instead of shooting.
Ta-Da, looted!

Using 15x scope will help you to aim easier.

But you don't need to scope in if you can aim at the "item box" precisely.

Either way can loot in distance. This should be a glitch (dev forgot to turn off the dev tools?) and might help you in some place (I'm not saying Russian Consulate).

Edit: Added a screenshot of "Item Box" and explanation of triple click.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4cfbe2/psa_you_can_pick_up_loots_in_distance/

Not really an exploit. You can pick up loot you are entitled to by aiming on the little tiny box. Even with a 15x scope, it looked to be more time efficient to just run over to the loot...hehe

Awards

I see it mainly being a problem in the DZ where multiple people are fighting over a dropped gold, and then some dude uses this "trick" to snag it and run off without having to engage. It's a bit unfair for other people. In most cases though, such as in PvE or when you are alone, yeah you're going to get it anyways so it's not really an issue.

So I saw a photo on Facebook the other day from The Division, well it was a screenshot from some players, all dressed in the Hazmat outfits, called themselves the Hazmat Squad, we should really come up with a uniform and get as many of us in the DZ as we can to take a group picture to represent the 47th Legion, and submit the pic into Ubisoft or whatever......I think it would be cool.

So what are some thoughts on a uniform.......

I kind of like the Urban Marine outfit, although you have to purchase that one.....I think most people have purchased it though.....

Here is a link to a spreadsheet comparing several craftable weapons with all real stats. I highly recommend using the Bodyshot DPS Crit + Reload as your comparison factor. Also tale into consideration that each DPS number assumes no missed shots and full rate of fire being utilized. You can also input your own Firearms skill to get an idea of how these weapons will actually perform for you. Each weapon has a unique scaling factor (the amount the damage increases with each added point to firearms) so don't always assume that because a gun is better at 1000 firearms that it'll still be better at 3000 firearms.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z-A0tno5QKEzpqvBwClEwSapQZpa4E1-znK-l7MXCIg/edit#gid=0

Please take everything with a hint of skepticism, as some values could be incorrect or change over time.

Also the "best" SMG depends on your firearms. As of right now here is teh line-up according to this sheet's calculations:

Below 1900 Firearms Skill

1 - MP5

2 - Vector

3 - AUG

Above 1900 Firearms Skill

1 - MP5

2 - AUG

3 - Vector

Enjoy :D

Just a quick PSA about gear mods.  I've mentioned it in Mumble a few times but if you pick up the firearms/stamina/electronics gear mods from the Special Gear Vendor (phoenix credits vendor in your base) you need to know that the high-end (gold) mods will NEVER have the same secondary stat rolls as as superior (purple) gear mods.

I learned this after crafting around 70 high-end firearms mods and becoming super frustrated that I was never getting +ammo capacity on them.  I later learned that superior mods draw their secondary stat roll from the minor attributes table while high-end mods draw from the major attributes table.

So if you have secondary stats on superior mods which are essential to your build, like +ammo capacity is for me, you will never be able to upgrade to high-end mods.

So right now I'm perma-stuck with two superior firearms mods which both have +9% ammo cap.

That is pretty lame about the mods.....fortunately for me I get enough ammo from my chest and backpack that I don't need to worry about it from mods, so I use all high-end mods that give more major stats instead.

Also, I am going to have to pickup that MP5 BP from DZ6 tonight and give that bad boy a shot, see how it compares to my vector.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this