• Announcement

Put here any message that can be a great announcement.

Tom Clancy's The Division

Cavadus

well now that you verified I wasn't lieing .. :P hehe  it is worth the prime account to save on pre-orders.. it would only take 4 games to make up the price and it's free shipping and delivered on release date..  The only thing I see that it doesn't seem to include is direct pc downloads. 

Holy shit! That is actually quite awesome. I thought it was just for The Division, but all games!?!?!?!

There are quite a few games that I know I will get no matter what. FarCry Primal (super FarCry fanbois here), Hitman (fanbois since the original), The Division, probably Deus Ex, others I can't think of without my Steam list up...

Awards

Hey All, Ubisoft has a nice little promotion going to 4 FREE outfits for The Division, for which ever platform you plan on playing it on. Also there is a cool live action video that follows the lives of 4 agents being activated to help with this crazy outbreak.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/agent-origins/

Check it out and get your code ready for release day!

Interesting on the agent origins. Still not sure what the disease is though. I definitely heard a bit about smallpox, but they don't actually show anyone that is sick, or if they did, the sick definitely did not have smallpox...

Edit: They sort of show what looks to be a person with smallpox in the news broadcast in the Agent Origins: Escape trailer. I am more convinced it is widespread smallpox as the outbreak, but wonder if there is some sort of twist.

Oddly enough, the FDNY agent seems to be scared of infection, which you wouldn't expect if the agents were in place for this sort of event. I have been inoculated for smallpox having been in the military, so why wouldn't the agents have been inoculated for the most likely stuff that would cause their activation?

Awards

When I played the alpha and the beta for the game, the main mission leads you to rescue a doctor that can help you restore the medical facilities, etc. Said doctor starts to try and find out about the sickness that is attacking NY, so im guessing that what they call smallpox in the origins video might be just what was initially thought to be, but will most likely be developed to a whole other thing by the end of the campaign. This is all of course just my speculation and it is not based on any official information, so if anybody has something official it would be interesting to see what the virus or sickness is.

All in all I liked the origins "escape" episode. It had good action, believable special effects without the need for anything exagerated on the computer generated graphics side. Apparently they are making it a 4 episode mini series, but those that have amazon prime can watch the whole thing there.

You can watch them all on YouTube. The other 3 cover the other 3 agents of the 4 person team. They are all pretty good, but the escape one you can watch via Steam is actually the last one given it covers the lead agent's origin and then him linking up with the other agents (the initial linkup will make sense after watching the female agent's origin).

Awards

Also, for those not part of the conversation at ops last night, if you have Amazon Prime, you get 20% of the purchase of the Division.  This discount ends two weeks after the game releases on the 8th.  The game is 47.99 right now for Prime members.  The discount applies to many pre-order games.  

I am hoping to be online and playing by 6 PM EST, but it depends on when I get out of work. Gonna grab some beer and get Mumble setup on my BootCamp install of Windows and see what we can get going for some team play. I am watching thedivisiongame twitch stream and the dark zone combat looks to be quite fun. I will have to play a bit of catch up on figuring the game out.

Awards

Yeah, I've got about an hour of homework, then gym, and then I really want to finish the base on the Epoch server which should only take an hour or so, hopefully, and then I'll be on.

But also going to see Zoolander 2 tonight late-ish.  Yeesh.