• Announcement

Put here any message that can be a great announcement.

Tom Clancy's The Division

Cavadus

Well, before we decide on any tags or anything let's see exactly what is or isn't allowed for naming conventions.  I think I might try to get to bed a little earlier on Thursday night and then hop into The Division around 0800 my time or so and see what's allowed.

Well, apparently for the folks at Ubisoft "The Division Beta" means exactly the same as "The Division Alpha", because that is exactly what we got. For those of you that didnt get to play the closed Alpha late last year, by all means please do try the beta and you will enjoy the game even if it is only a minuscule part of what the final game will be. For those of us that were expecting to taste more than we tasted during the Alpha, im afraid we are going to have to keep waiting. Im incredibly dissapointed at Ubisoft.

That was exactly my understanding but no, it is not a testing of the full game it is not even half the game and its features.

Now dont get me wrong, it is totally worth it to play it so that people can get a feel of what the game will be, but the content runs out fast, so if you are like me and already played the alpha and ran out of things to do, you might want to spend the disc space on another game until the full release comes out.

Well I managed to get in to the BETA without pre-ordering, I will say that was not much of a beta, that seemed like a demo haha, pre-alpha demo at that. I did have fun though, the game definitely has potential, I even messed around in the Dark Zone for awhile got up to DZ Rank 9. I look forward to release when we can explore the entire map.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would let you guys know that I was looking up this game on amazon.  They are currently having a special that if you are a prime member, you get 20% off pre-ordered games .. and it includes the division.  So rather than paying the gold edition (includes season pass) it would be 79.99 rather than 99.99.  Standard would be 47.99 rather than 60 bucks. Since whether you play it or not through steam you still have to connect through U-play, wouldn't matter really about it having to be on steam to play together.

Thats actually a great offer for the gold edition if the season pass includes the future DLCs. Ill go check it out on amazon and see what it looks like.

Edited to add: yes, the gold edition does include what they call the expansions. All in all looks like a great deal for those of us that already have amazon prime.

Damn, wish I had flippin' known that!

It is a new thing amazon does. But, on the bright side, if you are an amazon prime user you can use the 20% off pre-order for any game, all the time! At least until they change that policy... So if I had prime I'd be taking advantage of a ton of pre-orders. I'm not a huge fan of pre-orders, but if you can save 20 bucks I'd probably do it a lot more.

Just for those that don't know about Amazon Prime's deal, if you are an Amazon Prime user, you get 20% off any video game pre-order or newly released game (meaning you buy the game within two weeks of it's release)! So even if you want to wait on a pre-order, as long as you get it in first couple weeks you can save a ton.

Edit: Clarified prime discount