Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

[SC] Fire Sale Before 26 NOV 2013 LTI Cutoff

18 posts in this topic

I know there have been a few threads already but I wanted to post this in the TNN so it had a bit more exposure.

Star Citizen will be making all ships available for sale for a limited period time before 26 NOV 2013.  The two exceptions to this are the Idris-M (boo!) and the Vanduul fighter.

Straight from a CSRs mouth:

All other limited ships will be going on sale for one day before the 26th and we will also release that schedule...

As soon as the sale schedule becomes available you can bet you'll find it plastered all over our website.

We are finalizing the final-week schedule this week and intend to post it on the 15th. For any existing 'limited' ships we are offering that week, you will know when they are available for sale. 

... but I'll go ahead and warn you that there may be a surprise or two on the 26th, too!

Ooh...

I'll be picking up a M50, Retaliator and Starfarer on the 26th assuming tomorrows Comm-Link confirms that they will made available for sale with LTI.  If that's the case, I will be looking to part with my LTI Gladiator on or before that date as its mission will be filled by other ships.  Strydor has right of first refusal as I originally bought it from him, after that its fair game to anyone in the legion if anyone is interested.  I would hate to melt it down on the 26th :(

• Monday, November 18 – ORIGIN M50

• Tuesday, November 19 – ORIGIN 350R & Lightspeed Package

Wednesday, November 20 – Drake Caterpillar

Thursday, November 21 – RSI Aurora LX

Friday, November 22 – Anvil Gladiator & Aegis Retaliator (running through the weekend)

Monday, November 25 – MISC Starfarer

Heh, just read their little blurb about LTI.  Apparently completing "just a few missions" is enough for SHI (standard hull insurance).  Yeah, don't think I'm gonna buying anything else at this point TBH.

Also, this bit was great news:

You will be able to upgrade your Idris-P to military specifications using kits available in the finished game.

I just can't justify buying a ship without LTI, before the game comes.  The Idea that I bought something paid for with real money that could be lost if I didn't pay my bill really bothers me.  Due to this, I believe that LTI should have been given to everyone that backed the game not only the early ones, and continue to be included until the game is released.  It will be interesting to see how any future ship sales will do with LTI gone.

It looks like I will just have to acquire assets in-game, because I will not be buying any new ships after the 26th.

The ability to do upgrading to the Idris-P is a welcome announcement.

I really don't see myself buying anything else. Maybe the M50 only because having a super fast ship may be needed at some time.

Can someone tell me what the attraction of the Starfarer is and why I would want that if I have a Caterpillar already? Do they serve two distinct and different roles, and does the Caterpillar have a role that the 47th needs.

I haven't bought the Recon Hornet. Do we have enough of them in he fleet?

@Payton, as far as I am aware, the Starfarer is the only ship that can provide ship refueling in space, and that can haul fuel for that matter as it has those tanks for fuel on it.

And by Recon Hornet do you mean the Tracker or the Ghost? The Tracker has the suped up Radar, the Ghost is hard to detect and can recon stealth like, and well the super hornet is the only one with a jump drive for jump recon and overall badassery haha

@Bealin - I meant the Tracker.I have a Ghost and Super already. I guess the Tracker is going to have better capability to detect Ghost and to see other ships before they see it. Likely it means that we're going to need one for every engagement.

I think I'll pass on the Starfarer. It's going to be interesting though to think about engagements and fuel capacities. Taking out an enemy Starfarer and protecting ours will be important. Just like taking out enemy Trackers if they also have the ability to recognize the types of ships on the other side as opposed to just knowing a target is out there.

I'm experiencing melters remorse, I want my Gladiator back :(. Early on I imposed a 4 ship limit out of fear that I would have to attend Star Citizen Anonymous meetings with StrikeMan and his personal fleet of 19 ships :)

I' ve since decided 5 is a better number.

The Gladiator is such a sexy ship.  My only concern is in that in addition to handling like a brick, which doesn't bother me, it'll be slow as hell.  I've been itching to recreate my TIE Bomber experience from SWG's Jump to Lightspeed.  I used to run down YTs in that sumbitch.  I could one shot A-Wings, B22s, and JSFs.

Was beautiful.

Sign in to follow this