Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cavadus

The Season Four BSG Discussion Thread

Guest Cavadus

Two things:

1. Someone please explain to me why a random religious cult dedicated to Baltar is even remotely plausible; and

2. Why did they not lock up Starbuck and throw away the key? Character attachment aside she's an insane risk when you look at it objectively.

Just watched this a few hours ago and I'm still hard.

... moving on.

***SPOILERS!!1***

1. Not only is it a religious cult to Baltar, but it seems to be made up of every hot chick that's left of the human race. As far as how it's possible, I'd guess that it has something to do with the book that he wrote and snuck out to the fleet while he was imprisoned. He sort of became the "people's man" with his book outing how in their society the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. (Sound familiar?)

2. That's just it, they're not looking at it objectively. They said it a few times throughout the episode that regardless of wether or not someone was potentially a cylon, it doesn't change who they "really are." A line between Father and Son Adama was, "What if it was Zak who got out of that cockpit. What if my brother was a cylon right from the start. Would that really change how we feel about him?"

Regardless, she should've been imprisoned, and because of her relationship with the two most powerful men in the fleet, she wasn't.

Watching Tigh put a bullet in Adama's eye was pretty cool though. Especially his reaction to having done it. God damn, I love this show.

***/SPOILERS***

Also, anyone have any guesses as to who the fifth cylon is? So far we have:

1. That president assistant lady Mrs. Forgettable Name

2. Chief Tyrroll

3. Sam Anders, Starbucks' sex toy

4. Colonel Tigh

5. ?

A part of me is hoping that it's Baltar all along, although there was an episode in season 3 where he said that he wasn't one, and to be honest, I'd be a little disappointed if he was.

I think Adama can be ruled out since it's been shown that Cylons have a lot problems cross breeding with humans.

Starbuck seems a little too obvious too, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took that route.

My best guess is either Roslin, Helo, or Apollo.

Or maybe it's Jack or Sawyer! Maybe it's Locke or Hurley! Wait, wrong show.

Guest Cavadus

I gotta go with Starbuck. You have to take into consideration that the Viper she returned in was in pristine condition. I think that makes it incredibly obvious that it's of Cylon manufacture.

And the fact that her ship was crushed, she was killed, but isn't dead. It's just too obvious. It's like they thought, "We'll make it so obvious that no one will believe it except for that Kavadas guy. Damn he's clever," they'll say...

Guest Washburne

I dont think its adama since he was in razor and it showed him around during the first Cylon war before they could look like humans (though im sure they can justify it somehow)

I dont think it Roslyn since she has cancer and she was once healed by Cylon blood. Just doesnt make sense to me.

If Adama isnt the Cylon then Im thinking Apollo isnt either.

Starbuck is a possibility but I agree, seems too obvious.

Cant be Helo since him and athena had a kid and Cylons cant procreate.

Cant be Cally since Chief is a Cylon and they couldnt have kids.

It could be Felix, Dualla, or Tom Zarek.

Could also be Tighs wife or the presidents old assistant. Since they are Cylons I suppose they could be rez'ed.

Or it could still be Baltar.

I think Dualla would make a good Cylon and she's really really hot.

Guest Hook

It can't be Starbuck because she passed the Cylon test. Even though they said that Baltars test didn't work because it didn't detect Sharon. It did detect Sharon but Baltar lied about it because he didn't want to lose that hot Cylon nookie.

It couild be Geatta, the navigator guy.

So another question. Master Chief Tyrrol has a kid. Doesn't that make it another star baby?

So regarding Starbuck returning with the pristine ship. My theory is that she did find earth. The earthlings wiped her memory and re-built her ship and sent her on her way. Why they did things this way is a mystery unless there is a big surprise regarding what they find on earth. (IE Cylons and Earthlings living in harmony, or earth is ruled by more cylons, etc, etc).

Guest Draconis

About the 5th hidden cylon, when the acid-era throwback worse-for-not-being-really Jimmy Hendrix music was messing with the cylons, it was also heard by Apollo and Baltar.

Baltar, he's always hearing things :) so I guess that leaves Apollo.

Of course, if it is Starbuck, that would explain why she's such a shit hot warrior.

You also got to wonder, that since Tigh is such an old guy, in his 70's or late 60's and hes always been a cylon, they must have had this technology during the first cylon war, or whatever one they showed Adama in as a nugget in Razor.

Or he was somehow duplicated in the past with out anyone, even the known Cylons knowing. Hell, Tyroll isn't very young either. They all had to have been created/born/whatever back when the Cylons were still humanoid toasters.

Guest Cavadus

Just watched episode three. Am I the only one that heard "Hey Callie, chill out!" in the Governator's voice before hottie Indian chick (I can't keep track of them) blew her out of the airlock?

And she's certainly turned pretty "evil." Is it weird that now I find her like the most attractive chick on the show? Hmmm...

Yeah her character just got a lot more interesting. She seems to have embraced her cylonness and it has liberated her to do the mean things she has always wanted to do. Like airlock people. She airlocked cally in the interest of the baby, which is a human cylon hybrid.

Now, the Brother Cavel models trying to perma kill the sixes and sevens is just funny.

Guest Draconis

I don't find those acts to be evil.

The sixes are a threat, activating the centurion higher faculties is borderline insane.

Cally would never accept the cylons. Would there ever have been a better way to silence her?

Not evil, more logical and cold blooded to me.

Now, a doctor poisoning the religious fanatics who distrust medical intervention (after they asked for such intervention,) that's evil.

........... hottie Indian chick ...........

And she's certainly turned pretty "evil." Is it weird that now I find her like the most attractive chick on the show? Hmmm...

.....Must be a guy thing right!? Wash tried to explain but I guess I've reached my road block to understanding the male mystic.......I mean she's not Aishwarya Rai or Deepika Padukone, yes my inner lesbian finds them hawt.

BTW did anyone else find the Brother Cavel and Boomer "thing" a bit ummm disturbing!?

Guest Cavadus

So are there honestly any people (real or fictional) that buy into Thrace's bullshit? Someone commit her already. She needs a damn straight jacket and some meds. I don't even care if she's absolutely right; now she's just bat shit crazy.

And they made it all dramatic like, ""OMG! Mutiny!" Well, no shit. Who the hell wouldn't? Are they going to start eating the seven thousand wife beaters everyone owns? Because that's all that's gonna be left without resupply.

And I guess Tyrrol watched a little too much Full Metal Jacket or something. Btw, Baltar is bat shit crazy too. At first I thought he knew he was just feeding people a bunch of crap but now I'm pretty sure he buys into it.

And the hottie Indian chick just keeps getting hotter. I might have to find one in RL and satisfy my loins if y'know what I mean (and you're a pervert so I know you do).

I was a little disappointed that nothing ever came of that devious looking Centurion that was cleaning up the blood. Maybe something will yet. I think it would be awesome if in the end he becomes the major Cylon mover and shaker. It would be hilarious actually. And they would deserve it because Cavel was absolutely right before they started blasting each other.

Hmmm, I guess that's all the reaction I have.

Guest Washburne

Hottie indian chick IS getting hotter. She is so smoking hot. Starbuck is out of her mind but she has a track record of doing crazy shit and still getting things done. Helo has seen a lot of it so he should know shes gonna pull something out of her ass and save the day.... Or get everyone killed, either or.

Wash

I would be surprised if the annoyed-looking centurion did not pay off in some later episode.

My prediction, based on absolutely no foreknowledge or spoilers: the crew of the poopship Demetrius visit the damaged base star and are talked into forging an alliance between that faction of the Cylons and the Colonial fleet. They return to tell the admiral their plan.

He becomes very, very angry and beats someone to death with a flashlight.

Past that, I have no idea.

Guest Cavadus

I just realized that they had an entire episode without a single appearance by Lee Adama.

Did Lee's character get shoved to the side so Bamber (the actor who portrays him) could work on other stuff? Kind of weird considering if I ever had to pick a main character it would have been him.

Unlike when Katie went off to do her own thing, Apollo still apears on the main credits. So hopefully he will come back as kick ass CAG and not the do gooder politico he's become. Does anyone else think Anders needs to stop following Starbuck around like a sick puppy?? And yes, she definately needs some serious meds stat!

Guest Cavadus

Yeah, Anders is a doormat. He needs to get over her already. Plenty of other babe-licious hotties milling about.

Guest Hook

Did anyone else catch the fact that when Baltar was getting the crap beat out of him a by the marines a few episodes ago that everyone else saw him being picked up by an invisable entity (The Invisiable Hot 6?)

What was up with that?

Hook

Guest Cavadus

Yeah, I definitely saw that. Those scenes seem to indicate that Baltar isn't actually mad at all but is truly being afflicted by something external. The revelation of the source should be interesting.

And man, did anyone else think that the Six Anders man-handled totally knew he was a cylon? Just kind of got that vibe. Ah, and I was so bummed out when he took his hand away from the Cylon interface thing.

And what was up with the dark haired Six kissing the light haired Six (that Anders killed)? That was weird. Either way she didn't even seem to give a shit after Anders smoked her.

Ron Moore (the exec producer) stated in his podcast that he hadn't meant for Baltar to get yanked to his feet as if by an invisible puppeteer. He'd meant for it to look ambiguous, as if Baltar stood himself but in such a way that he looked like he was being lifted, but there was a miscommunication between him and the director.

Oopsie. =D

No different than the very old episode where Starbuck walked in on him imagining sex with his number six, and he was really jerking off behind his desk. In the recent episode he got up by himself but kinda made it look like he was being lifted, they just over did it.