Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Dev Response to Pursuits: You're Shit Out Of Luck

15 posts in this topic

We have a number of people who played on PC and Xbox 360 who during our patch deployment that had their pursuits altered. For most of those your pursuits will auto update once you start collecting stats again. For example if you had killed 23/100 Mutants with an Assault Rifle it might now show 0/100 but as soon as you kill one more it will read 24/100.

There are a small number of pursuits that may be permanently reset. We believe these will be minor pursuits and nothing that should be large or impactful.

All of the effected players above will be getting a gift in their claim items inventory to make up for this loss and confusion.

Originally posted here.

Edited by Cavadus

When I logged off last night, my infectors skill was at 9 and a quarter or so. If it's reset to 0 and they expect me to regrind that shit again for Commando III, I'm not even going to bother with this game anymore.

When I logged off last night, my infectors skill was at 9 and a quarter or so. If it's reset to 0 and they expect me to regrind that shit again for Commando III, I'm not even going to bother with this game anymore.

Nah, sounds like you'll be alright.

It could have been worse, like the PS2 "fix" where players got 20k cert points as a "gift" for buying in game money prior to a roll back. It didn't effect everyone the same so some folks got to go all god mode and the rest got fucked.

Geez Kolya, you were the one guy who benefited from this entire mess? What's next, we're all going to get hit with some weird crazy bug no one has ever experienced before but it won't affect Campbell?

This would spell the 2nd sign of the Apocalypse after that locust ate our rose bush.

I am fairly certain that if they could actually fix the issue they would. This sort of loss of progress can really turn the community against a game. We should try to remember the game was just released and just about all MMOs have some sort of release issues.

Awards

Guest Eternalty
Yeah, not only did my infectors stay at 9, apparently I'm 200 EGO higher than I was last night. Dunno wtf that's about.

I ended up with an extra 120 or so ego levels when I logged in as well. I think I heard someone say its because riding skill wasn't previously counting towards ego levels but they fixed it or something.

I ended up with an extra 120 or so ego levels when I logged in as well. I think I heard someone say its because riding skill wasn't previously counting towards ego levels but they fixed it or something.

Correct. Each grade in weapon skills gives you 4 EGO but vehicle grades were giving nothing. So the bonus to your EGO was the sum of the +4s for roller, runner, hauler, and Cerberus grades.

Guest Gigante

Ever get the feeling we are still in a beta test? Ya know where your stats change daily, your toons are deleted, everything is set back to zero?

The only real bitch about it is I had to "PAY" for this!

Before it was free, actually the game that was presented as beta 3 ( which I came to find out wasn't the actual game version planned for release) was actually more stable.

I think Trion should pay us for doing all this Quality Control for them.

Sign in to follow this