Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

The Lockbox Data Collection Project

15 posts in this topic

Found this and it seemed quite interesting. Apparently Tier 4 lockboxes are the least efficient in terms of virtually everything on a per keycode basis.

Following the discussions in the lockboxes threads I’ve been reading, I decided to throw a quick form together where everyone can submit what they’ve been getting from lockboxes. The idea is to eventually build up enough data to work out the drop rates and which tier is most worth getting.

If you are planning to take part in this project, please try and submit the results for ALL lockboxes you buy, not just the ones that were exceptionally good/bad- this will skew the results.

Submit your results here

View all collected data here

The spreadsheet of results is quite basic at the moment, but I’ll work on it as we get more data. If anyone wants to help with this, feel free to send me a PM, and I’ll give you edit permissions on the spreadsheet.

Any feedback is welcome!

Originally posted here.

Guest Montbard

So looking over the data real quick, it seems the recommendation is to go with Tier 2?

That is what I'm getting out of it. You'll end up with a lot more trash, but overall you'll be better off.

So, I've gone through three sets of 75 keys worth of T2 lockboxes and have yet to come across an orange. In four T4 lockboxes I got 3 oranges.

Confirmation bias or did T2 oranges get nerfed?

Edit: Looking over the more recent data it seems that T2 oranges did in fact get nerfed. T4 are the best now.

Guest Purecrew

Yea i've also lost about 3-4 sets of 72 keys to T2 lockboxes and found little to no blues all greens.

I've had not even 1 purple from over 24 T2. The blues are about 1 in 8 it seems. Ridiculous.

it looks like they nerfed id badly on a third-forth day .. and re-nerfed a bit back recently .. don't have enough data to say anything. But definitely - most of the time I have blue things from T4 ( I keep buying T4 as I'm really short on script ... any ideas on how to make some extra script are always welcome )

Guest Gigante

Contrary to popular belief, I've had the best luck for "oranges" in the tier 4 lock box. I've bought maybe 5 total and I've gotten a number of oranges, 4 to be exact and a few purples.

Tier 3 boxes have netted me more junk than I find in a mission to be honest, a lot of greens and an occasional blue.

Forget Tier 2, I don't even go there.

The ones that are really getting my temper going are the Synergy Cache boxes. I've bought 3 and I am the proud owner of 6 "brutal" mods a mixture of green mark II and blue mark IIIs.

As Cavadus said in his post I have also had the best luck with tier 4 lock boxes giving oranges. That being said I have yet to receive an orange from any other tier lock box. Now if only I could receive something better than rocket launchers and bmgs! ACK

I've tried multiple of each tier and have yet to find an orange from any of them.

For now I'm sticking with tier 3's. Decent balance of 'items per key' and 'chance of orange'.

If I can't find an epic, I might as well get some extra scrip/wep exp throw-aways for my trouble.

I've barely even seen purple in a couple weeks now from tier 4. I think I'll start with 3's for a set amount of time and see what I get just for the heck of it. Hell, I'll take something blue that's not a shitty frag grenade.

I've barely even seen purple in a couple weeks now from tier 4. I think I'll start with 3's for a set amount of time and see what I get just for the heck of it. Hell, I'll take something blue that's not a shitty frag grenade.

Same here, I switch to tier 3 some time ago, and got another orange, overall as you've said - more guns per key (greens, not blues, but I don't care much) .. overall this exercise isn't fun, so I think of other possibilities .

Sign in to follow this