Sign in to follow this  
KBob

USER CP counter issue

Question

Hi Cavadus,

it looks like "new posts" counter doesn't take user authorizations in the consideration. Should be not too hard to fix (not easy though :) )

It's not a big deal as the fact that there are new posts doesn't say too much, but it would be fun to fix :)

9 answers to this question

What do you mean by user authorizations?

Hello sir,

We had some mail exchange with Campbell on the topic, and outcome is - it looks like either the CP thing is slightly bugged and sometimes shows "1" while it supposed to show 0, or whatever search query is done on clicking "new posts" not able to identify new topic in some cases. As a result there is small inconsistency.

On top of this - it could count some posts from forums that are not visible to specific user ( i.e. you could try to create new account (that don't see forum posts in barracks etc. ) and his new posts count somehow will increase slightly when new posts are made ( I don't see it as "mission critical" flaw so I didn't dig deep).

Best,

Bob

Are you talking about the highlighted "notifcations" deal that pops in place of the PM counter? If so bear in mind that this notification counter counts more than just PMs.

Nope - the one under "User CP" on the left side - between "you last visited" and "Log out"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that. So the reason that sometimes happens is because of thread merges. That counter doesn't update when that happens and there's no way I can fix it, sorry.

Just hit the "Mark Forums Read" on the bottom of the page to clear it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that. So the reason that sometimes happens is because of thread merges. That counter doesn't update when that happens and there's no way I can fix it, sorry.

Just hit the "Mark Forums Read" on the bottom of the page to clear it.

gotcha :) thanks

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this