Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Defiance Game Release Details

24 posts in this topic

UPDATE: 28 MAR 2013

The release candidate launcher is officially available for download at Trion World's official website. Login with your account information, click on the "Manage Games" tab, and then click on "Defiance." The download button will appear in the middle of the page.

----

Not terribly good news, I'm afraid. No early access at all and we won't even be able to pre-load the game :(

Hello XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

The game download for Defiance will not be made available until the game is released. The release is scheduled for 8:00 AM (local time) on April 2nd.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is XXXXXX-XXXXXX.

Sincerely,

GM XXXXXXXXXX

Trion Worlds Inc.

Originally posted here.

Edited by Cavadus

Guest Jhonen

Good god, with everyone trying to download at the same time not only is it going to crawl, but it seems like a completely needless load on their servers. They have the technology to allow a download even the night before. (As it was done for beta.) I'm blown away that they are doing it this way. Hopefully they change their mind on this.

Guest Cael

They should have had at least one day of early access for Pre-Orders. =\

~ Cael

Guest ArnDog

Some how i don't buy that. It seems to orchestrated and standard. I recall i got the same response from TOR support prior to launch and i could download a full two days earlier. Simply put. The IT help desk didn't know what they were talking about and reeled off the same old junk as always. This response seems pretty generic to me.

Some how i don't buy that. It seems to orchestrated and standard. I recall i got the same response from TOR support prior to launch and i could download a full two days earlier. Simply put. The IT help desk didn't know what they were talking about and reeled off the same old junk as always. This response seems pretty generic to me.

TOR had a pre-launch that was announced well in advance. To my knowledge, there's been no mention of anything like that for Defiance.

Sucks though, I was hoping I'd be able to download the client before the servers went live. Might as well just wait for my hard copy instead of trying to brave the storm on my shitty internet.

Guest Jhonen

If you already registered your key you can download straight from Trion's account management site. I'm gonna run home at lunch and get that baby started.

I preordered through Trion directly so I don't know about the status of other preorder downloads. I would assume Steam would let you download through their client. Gamestop orders (or any other store) I have no clue on how to register properly to allow download.

Awards

Guest Jhonen

I did gamefly myself. That being said if you have a game key for whatever you ordered (sometime they email them to you even if you order the hard copy) then you can download the client.

Guest Montbard

I pre-ordered through Gamestop and the code on the original receipt (when you put down your first down payment, the code won't be on additional receipts if you been paying on the layaway plan) should get you to the client download.

If you could download the last Beta through your pre-order code you should have the option to download the final client. Technically I haven't tested it since I don't want to download on my work PC, but I can't imagine it not working.

They were taking a lot of heat on the forums about everyone trying to download all at the same time April 2nd morning, must have caved to the demand. Which is a good thing, also think its promising that they seem to be listening to the players and working on solutions to make the experience better.

I pre-ordered through Gamestop and the code on the original receipt (when you put down your first down payment, the code won't be on additional receipts if you been paying on the layaway plan) should get you to the client download.

This doesn't work. I have two receipts from Gamestop, one from the downpayment and the second one was the full purchase, I can download the patcher, but not the actual client.

Although I could always return it to gamestop and just buy it from Trion and skip the middle-man.

Has anyone who preordered from Steam successfully started downloading the actual client, or is it only through Trion at this point?

I am not sure if this applies to all, but now when I try to log in through the patcher it says my account doesn't have access to the game. So they possibly deactivated the login for now or something.

Awards

Guest Montbard

I get the same message as Striker (pre-ordered from Gamestop).

Can download the patcher, but not the client. I'll try later and see what happens.

I am not sure if this applies to all, but now when I try to log in through the patcher it says my account doesn't have access to the game. So they possibly deactivated the login for now or something.

But you were at one point downloading the actual client?

Yeppers. I fully downloaded the client this morning, but it doesn't appear to be possible to download anymore. I am not sure if what I downloaded was a functional build though, I just know it was a few gigs worth of the game.

Awards

Guest Jhonen

Odd I was able to Dow load the whole thing yesterday. Either they pulled the build to fix a problem or perhaps to many people trying to DL crashed the server.

Guest Eldarch
Odd I was able to Dow load the whole thing yesterday. Either they pulled the build to fix a problem or perhaps to many people trying to DL crashed the server.

I downloaded the client, I haven't updated/patched it yet. I'm in Canada where our bandwidth is stringent so I can't just download whilly nilly. They make us pay $5 a gig if we go over. I was worried about having to do a 10 gig patch :)

Beginning of the month is near, so I'll have my bandwidth reset.

Guest ArnDog

Just a quick note guys.

Log into Trion's account page. make sure your email address is verified. If not do so. This prevents you from patching. I had the same issue and since verifying i can now download.

Guest Vichus

Ok, I've got the patcher installed. My email is verified and I've got my security questions in place. When I log in, it says successful, but not authorized to play the game. There is no patching and the folder is only a few meg in size. What am I missing?

Sign in to follow this