Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Scrips & Bits - The Defiance Marketplace

lPCPx3h.png

Good day everyone!

I would like to announce the opening of Scrips & Bits found at http://www.scripsandbits.com. Scrips & Bits is a marketplace targeted at the Defiance community.

The forum supports all gaming platforms - meaning there is a marketplace specifically for PC, XBOX and PS3. The core of the forum is an Invision Power Board installation, with the support of an Arrowchat addon to let users chat in real-time with each other. The forum is very very very organized, however we'd love to hear your suggestions and constructive criticism.

With Scrips and Bits we'd like to establish an organized and managed economy for all platforms on Defiance - Managed by the community.

We have also set up a little subforum for the guilds in the community, separated by prefixes of course to improve the visibility! The time of chaos is over! Help us to currate the forum together - as a community!

We are looking forward to hearing from everyone <3

Kind regards,

Yooji

HCwMR5F.png

Originally posted here.

I'm still surprised that there is no real market in Defiance. You can trade items between players but you have to be close to them. None the less I'm sure a hub will come about where many players are listing what they have to trade. But even so not having a market is going to bug the crap outta me!

Guest IdentityZer0

So far Iron Demon Ranch and Top Notch are the places I have seen the most idle people chatting and trading.

Guest Bonetti

I am surprised, I thought I read in the EULA that setting up that trade site was against the rules. I will have to go back and re-read it.

Found it.

2.H. "host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game, Game Client(s) and/or the Service, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Trion in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;"

One could interpret "matchmaking services for the Game" in such a way to make Scrips and Bits conflict with the EULA.

Edited by Bonetti
Additional information.

In the absence of proper in-game systems I wouldn't doubt that Trion would overlook Scrips & Bits violating the EULA for now. I do agree that it could be considered a violation though and that can be dangerous when dealing with a big company like Trion.

Trion seems pretty decent though, and I doubt they would skip a cease and desist request to bring it straight to court.

As we are a strong unit that contributes to the greater good of each other, I don't see us needing anything from what will be provided there, but I think it will be excellent for those that prefer to freelance over joining any particular unit.

Awards

Sign in to follow this