Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Whutchu Listenin' to, Willis?

449 posts in this topic

[JUSTIFY]Man, so I've been going full bore with metal for like... for a few months now. Oh, how I missed it so! I remember back in September during the state fair I had picked up my (now ex) GF to go to the fair and I had Machine Head's The Blackening all fucking cranked up in the car when I shut it off.

So we get in, I start the car, and the track is like five seconds before the song just explodes in awesome sauce (track: "Clenching the Fists of Dissent," which is such an amazing song btw) and she's like, "What the fuck? Since when did you listen to metal?" And I'm like, "Since always, biyatch. Now shut the fuck up!" as I cranked the volume to "ear shattering."

See, before that I was all listening to just 80s stuff because that's what I had gotten into since I started bartending at a friend's restaurant and he let me select the music when I worked. Cool guy btw, has his own band and almost made it big with his old band "Friends Like These" which still see some radio play. I have a sneaking suspicion that Nova probably recognizes that name.

Anyways, I've come across some more really awesome thrash metal goodness in UK based band Evile. Link to their MySpace page here. It's really fucking good thrash and old school as hell but not like 1985 thrash old school. More like 1989 thrash old school and I like it a lot more than that kind of punk-ish Kill'em All sound.

I also managed to find a band called Onslaught which I've downloaded the album for. Haven't got around to listening to it yet (still currently being blown away by Evile's Enter the Grave).

So check it out![/JUSTIFY]

Guest Jaredson

Listening to Rammstein almost nonstop with a little Alice in chains dirt and Dethclok thrown in.

For those who listen to electronic (think I may be alone on this one) I would recommend Clark's "Totems Flare". Its pretty amazing. For those who are into electro (probably even fewer) I recommend SebastiAn, pretty much his whole catalog but "Ross Ross Ross" is the best. Hes got a new one due sometime this season.

Guest Wolfe

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4XQMEMQE94]YouTube- The Warmth - Incubus[/ame]

Edited by Wolfe