Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Planetside 2: E3 Theater Presentation

18 posts in this topic

Guest Bulmar

The armor design of The New Conglomorate looks fantastic. I am really looking forward to this more than anything I do believe.

Guest Bulmar
I definitely dig the TR the hardest but unfortunately as far as combat goes I like the doctrine of the NC most since they're about alpha and TR is about DPS.

If World of Tanks has taught me anything it's that alpha is king in games like this.

I must be a toal N3wb. What does alpha mean?

Alpha damage; basically the amount of damage on a per shot basis. NC's weapons are harder hitting. At the infantry level the disparity isn't so bad but when it comes to armored warfare the DPS weapons are a liability as they force the operators to expose their vehicles for longer periods of time to actually that build DPS.

Whereas with the NC they can unload for big damage and then immediately retreat behind cover which means they spend more time safe and alive.

Guest Bulmar

Gotcha. I had a feeling that was what alpha meant but I didn't want to assume because I often wind up looking stupid when I do. :D

By the way is PS2 something that the 47th will be getting behind?

Guest Bulmar
One day I hope they'll make a game that doesn't have stealth classes.

Especially a stealth enabled SNIPER. Those tricky bastards are the only thing that keep me from being competitive in an FPS.

By the way is PS2 something that the 47th will be getting behind?

Absolutely! I'm pretty sure almost all of us get half-wood at the thought of the original Planetside.

In fact, starting July 1st every single PS vet ever will get the entire month to play free. I've got the entire month away from the GF so I'll be doing nothing but working and gaming and I think I'll start a fresh character over on the TR side.

I hate admitting this but after I saw the Gauss Rifle, Vanguard, and Thunderer I switched over to NC for exactly the reasons I described earlier (harder hitting weapons).

I'm hoping with the modding system in the game we can more or less make our weapons function to do more damage though I'm a bit trepidatious as the new Prowler artwork shows it having two cannon barrels. At least the thing doesn't have the profile of a Sherman anymore though.

Guest Draconis
PS, dibs on medic. As long as it's not set up like GA's healing.

I think I'll tend to engineer / Gal pilot. Hope they don't nickel and dime players too much so they have to pay up to advance in their roles.

... In fact, starting July 1st every single PS vet ever will get the entire month to play free. I've got the entire month away from the GF so I'll be doing nothing but working and gaming and I think I'll start a fresh character over on the TR side.

I've lost my original email account, so didn't get the notice. Any idea what I'd have to do to get in on the free month?

I've lost my original email account, so didn't get the notice. Any idea what I'd have to do to get in on the free month?

If you can't log into that account at all then there's nothing you can do. If you can log into it you can download the client from there and just start playing.

In fact, I'm going to download PS right now and start a new character with TR.

I think I'll tend to engineer / Gal pilot. Hope they don't nickel and dime players too much so they have to pay up to advance in their roles.

I really hope the combat medic is set up similar to Battlefield, where it's really more of a reactionary heal system. If it's set up like TF2 and GA where all you do as a medic is shoot your own team with a heal gun, I can see myself passing on the game entirely.

Alright, Drac and I got some PS time in last afternoon. We need more people to jump in! As long as you have access to your SOE account you can just go here, log in, scroll to the bottom and find the Planetside picture, and click the "reinstall" link next to it.

Sign in to follow this