Sign in to follow this  
Pymamin

Patch Notes Version 16713

15 posts in this topic

Patch Notes for Version 16713

== Servers ==

* Fixed multiple issues (10) that can potentially be the cause for a player not to see interactive and spawned objects when changing zones (aka. desync).

* Fixed multiple issues (18) that can potentially crash zones and servers.

* Greatly improved the reliability and the speed of reconnection of server after restart. Reconnecting server now do not overload peers when starting.

* Added multiple additional diagnostic logging and profiling telemetry to servers to facilitate performance, lag, and crash investigation.

* Improved the performance of executing gameplay scripts on the server-side, and optimized many effects. Greatly reduced effect-related server lag and lag spikes.

* Fixed small potential server memory leak.

* Greatly improved NPC and monster gameplay effects evaluation on the server.

* Enhanced GM toolkit with additional information and action capabilities.

* It is no longer possible to create character with duplicate name by varying the avatar name case.

== General ==

* Change the default logging options to log less information and to re-use last log file instead of creating a new one for each gameplay session. Now playing Earthrise should not eat HDD space so fast. In the future the logging level may be reduced even further.

* User pass is no longer saved in windows registry as pure string without asking the user.

* Removed forgotten debugging "/trace" command, it was working improperly and was displaying data which was incorrect and confusing. We will be adding soon a proper network lag and bandwidth display and indicator to the Earthrise client.

* Optimized logging and fixed issues that were logging with high frequency.

== Crafting ==

* Fixed an exploit where unsuccessful crafting would return to the user more items that he invested in the process.

* Re-balanced the crafting system prices - Changes in formulas for calculation "Craft point" reward for Manufacture, Disassemble, Engineering processes.

* Fixed an issue with the crafting dialog where some icons were getting unlocked when they shouldn't be.

* Fixed missing icons in the Crafting dialog information box when Engineering process is selected.

* Added a progress bar to the crafting process and a crafting summary display.

* Automatically try to return unused crafting items to the worktable so they are available for the next crafting request.

* Closing Crafting dialog while processing no longer causes problems.

* Disassembling two or more items at once now no longer reports successful outcome as failed.

* Added more detailed information about the crafting process result.

* Fixed client crash when recycling parts that contain "Derived ACh" resource.

* Crafting points reward increased with higher tier items. Crafting Points reward for crafting final items and modules are doubled.

== UI ==

* Top and bottom bars of the login and choose avatar scenes are now resized correctly.

* Teleport connections on the world map are displayed and organized in a more useful way.

* Usernames are properly trimmed of spaces when logging in.

* Items in bank now properly show item quality on their icon.

* Tooltips now are properly refreshed and display correct statistics when item durability is lowered.

* Deleting an email with attached items or credits now require confirmation from the player.

* Effects of Blueprints are now properly shown in item information tooltips for armors and weapons.

* Ctrl + mouse click on item in the player inventory sends items to Send Mail dialog and Vendor dialog, when selling items.

* Added missing icons for quest tokens.

* Updated descriptions on quest tokens.

* Fixed wrong description of resurrect PvP Invulnerability.

* Fixed number of typos.

== Combat ==

* Fixed some abilities that were displaying neutral targeting reticle and were damaging allies without using forced attack.

== Gameplay ==

* When quitting world/game is initiated the player should wait for 30 seconds.

* Unstuck command now has 30 seconds wait time before executing, to prevent players that exploit it to escape from combat. Any player action, such as moving or changing mode will cancel the unstuck request.

== PvP ==

* Killing criminals and player killers will not affect avatar affiliation any more.

* Killing criminals will no longer award criminal karma.

* Fixed an issue when Criminal and Player Killer conditions were not removed even after the player Karma drops to 0.

* Fixed targeting to display proper targeting reticles and not require force attack on Player Killers.

* Fixed an issue that caused PvP Invulnerability buff not to disappear after leaving Demilitarized zones.

* Fixed an issue that caused PvP Invulnerability and Pacified buff to be multiplied and not removed or added at proper zones and after resurrection or login.

* PvP Invulnerability on resurrect now drops when player switches to battle mode. Avatars are now forced to exploration mode on resurrect.

* PvP Invulnerability buff applied after resurrection has duration reduced to 2 minutes.

* Fixed an issue that didn't apply Pacified buff and allowed avatars to enter battle mode in demilitarized zones.

== Economy ==

* Increasing vendor buy prices with 20% for parts

* Increasing vendor buy prices with 30% for resources and trash

* Increasing vendor buy prices with 40% for final items

== Quests ==

* Fixed quest exploit that allowed breaking quest logic by editing local files. Now the server doesn't trust the client for quest progression and tasks.

Original Post

Additional Patch Notes!

We were so excited to share with you the first patch notes of Earthrise that we completely missed the work of our World Designers. Here it is (added in the top list too)

- Added alternative route through the rocks (around some heavy spawns) after the General Goods Store camp in the Autonomy.

- Some mob spawners in Autonomy have been changed, so the access to the Nest is easier.

- Quest mobs for Continoma quests in the Battle area outside Librarium should behave properly.

- Fixed a vendor and mailbox location in polis Foresight in Sal Vitas valley.

- Added banners in Sal Vitas polises.

- Added banners for the crafting terminals explaining the type of the crafted item.

- The player no longer teleports intersecting the teleports.

- Many minor fixes around Enterra.

Original Post

Edited by Pymamin
Add'l patch notes

30% more for selling trash = selling things for 4cc rather than 3 cc. Awesome...

Still more money is more money.

Note that if you get disconnected from the server without quitting, you disappear immediately. Which means you can ALT-f4 out of the game without a 30 second timer.

Glad they fixed a lot of the criminal stuff. Now if only they would have PvE Town guards defend you if you are under attack.

Our crafters will like that

* PvP Invulnerability on resurrect now drops when player switches to battle mode. Avatars are now forced to exploration mode on resurrect.

* PvP Invulnerability buff applied after resurrection has duration reduced to 2 minutes.

Quite awesome, it's a step in the right direction to cut back on Spawn Zerging. Doesn't fix everything, but it's a start.

Guest Draconis
* Removed forgotten debugging "/trace" command, it was working improperly and was displaying data which was incorrect and confusing. We will be adding soon a proper network lag and bandwidth display and indicator to the Earthrise client.

Ha ha, more like "We don't want tools to quantify how bad things are within easy reach of our players."

* Fixed quest exploit that allowed breaking quest logic by editing local files. Now the server doesn't trust the client for quest progression and tasks.

Well, lets hope that was an oversight, and that the server doesn't trust the client for any character status changing effects at all.

Someone get me a paper bag, I'm hyperventilating.

* Re-balanced the crafting system prices - Changes in formulas for calculation "Craft point" reward for Manufacture, Disassemble, Engineering processes.

* Crafting points reward increased with higher tier items. Crafting Points reward for crafting final items and modules are doubled.

* Ctrl + mouse click on item in the player inventory sends items to Send Mail dialog and Vendor dialog, when selling items.

Additional Patch Notes!

We were so excited to share with you the first patch notes of Earthrise that we completely missed the work of our World Designers. Here it is (added in the top list too)

- Added alternative route through the rocks (around some heavy spawns) after the General Goods Store camp in the Autonomy.

- Some mob spawners in Autonomy have been changed, so the access to the Nest is easier.

- Quest mobs for Continoma quests in the Battle area outside Librarium should behave properly.

- Fixed a vendor and mailbox location in polis Foresight in Sal Vitas valley.

- Added banners in Sal Vitas polises.

- Added banners for the crafting terminals explaining the type of the crafted item.

- The player no longer teleports intersecting the teleports.

- Many minor fixes around Enterra.

Original Post

These have been added to my original post here.

One more thing of note

Great patch notes!

I would like to echo the concerns of other players in wondering if anything will happen to players who abused quest logic bugs in order to get millions of credits, and max out their characters.

We are still investigating the issue. The good news is that this fix was made during the first server patches, so the exploit was possible only for a few days after release. So far the logs don't show players who have abused it, but we will see.

He's obviously referring to the bug we uncovered. I don't know why they added this patch note to the list of things fixed by the new client patch when it was obviously fixed by a server patch.

Guest Draconis
... I don't know why they added this patch note to the list of things fixed by the new client patch when it was obviously fixed by a server patch.

Maybe it should have gone under the "== Servers ==" heading, but patch notes like this are a luxury when your team is fighting off alligators that are stacked chest high in the code swamp.

I can sympathize with grabbing the most credit possible, just so long as they actually take care of the issues. :)

Guest Draconis
Frankly, since it appears that we were the only ones that knew about it, it might have made more sense for MastHead to never mention that the bug existed.

You may be right. But then, how could they get credit for it? Fostering the perception that MhS is actively and quickly patching exploits / abuses / cracks / etc. may be beneficial in their view.

Especially if they can't seem to say the same about performance issues. :)

You may be right. But then, how could they get credit for it? Fostering the perception that MhS is actively and quickly patching exploits / abuses / cracks / etc. may be beneficial in their view.

Especially if they can't seem to say the same about performance issues. :)

To be fair to MHS, Drac, they patched and fixed this issue in less than 24 hours after we reported it.

Guest Draconis

I'll actually remark if you are correct when I get the chance to test out the lag improvements.

Let me know regardless, I'm interested to learn how it pans out.

And of course the main issue is that there is fun to be had playing the game.

There is potential to be had in the game. Which if why I gave them 50 bucks. If the game isn't consistently fun by the time they start charging me per month, I'm gone.

Still 50 bucks for 2 months of something to do with a bunch of people ain't bad. I've spent more money on worst investments.

From what I can experience, the lag is a little better. Desyncs are still an issue for me, and Alt-F4 is just as annoying as /unstuck.

The mob and quest re-balance was nice.

I've also learned that I suck at pvp.

Guest Agitated

I like the patch, it is not bad, but I seem to be crashing more frequent than before. Do tell if you ran into the same situation. I reinstalled the game twice from scratch also.

Guest Agitated
I've also learned that I suck at pvp.

LOL Py. It wasn't so bad. If you are talking about the incident with the force attack, I failed a few times with that.

Sign in to follow this