• Announcements

• Cavadus

Senatus Populusque Marianus, Citizen: Enlist today!   09/21/2017

Citizen of the Marian Hegemony; our records indicate that you have not enlisted in the Marian Hegemony Armed Forces.  It is every citizen's duty stand as bulwark against the savages in the inner sphere.   >> Enlist in the Legions today!
Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Shattered Skies

23 posts in this topic

Shattered Skies raises open-world sandbox looter-shooter style games to the next level. Step into a massive experience set in a world where all hell has broken loose.

A comet impact has shattered the moon into countless pieces which were pulled down by earth's gravity along with fragments of the comet itself, resulting in thousands of meteoric impacts.

Areas that meteor shards landed have brought strange crystal growth formations all over the world and remaining humans are just now discovering how to harness this great crystal energy, granted they can survive the monsters lurking in a dense fog near the crystals.

So I did learn that this is not an MMO per se.  It's like DayZ in that your character, guild, and belongings are 100% persistent but the gameplay is on 100-player official servers only.

Also, the starter package at $14.99 does give you access to the current alpha build.  I logged in for a sec after install but haven't actually played any.

I picked up the premium(?) package that allows 5 invites for 72 hour access. I didn't get an email about the codes so I'll have to contact them and see where they are.

So take a look at the site and watch the whole video and see if you think you may like this.

The crafting materials are bound to you and can't be traded but you can craft something from your materials and then the item is dropable. So crafting is not unique or multiplayer.

It is always PVP except 3 city areas. And when you are killed it is full loot drop.

There is no building mechanic. All you can do is use an ingame building and put up some fortifications  or traps -- which can be destroyed apparently quite easily. There was nothing said about locking doors.

They say they have a cheating blocker but somehow I envision the potential of some code breakers. All they say about cheaters is they have developed an antic-cheat program. They specifically did not say they used any  credible or established system --- and gave no information about what they have developed so that has me leery.

Basically it sounds like a game you would have to play with others. You can group up to 10 people. You can call down bosses for better drops but there doesn't appear to be any quests or missions. And they specifically mention that you have to grind for exp to be able to level -- which means some alien creature killing for exp. They also mentioned something about factions on the web site.

So again -- watch the video and rad for yourself and FOR NOW I would say hold on to your cash and use a 72 hour pass to see what it is about.

We should then decide on a 72 hour period to play the game and see what we think as a unit.

There are 3 factions to select from. I think there was something about doing things for a faction to boost reputation with them -- not to boost exp. And that doing what you are asked to do would also generate animosity with an opposite faction which may cause inability to access their city or post.

If you want a ticket -- post your name (first 5) and when I get the 5 passes figured out I'll let you know.

On 5/17/2016 at 6:41 PM, Sergey Titov said:

Once we'll sure that everything is working for alpha and servers are 24/7 - you'll get email with 5 guest keys.

I was on for a little bit, got killed once already, also managed to kill a guy myself. It is a lot like any of the other games developed by these guys, everyone just kills everyone no matter what. Other than that, I haven't done too much, gonna take awhile before I can really craft anything, gonna need a group and do some farming runs to stock up on stuff.

Thank you for being an early supporter of Shattered. Because you purchased the Ultimate Edition, we are giving you the 5 promised Guest Steam Keys for your friends to try the game with you!  They can use those keys to activate game on Steam. 

YOUR 5 STEAM GUEST KEYS:

GZ7CW-B4YV6-L4WLA
RQXV9-49QCA-NRYG3
604YI-5XN9E-JLRIF
VE4N2-W8KYR-AJN4A
64WF8-CRTGX-GVMG7

Please provide following instructions to your friends to activate a new retail purchase on Steam:

1. Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
  2. Click the Games Menu.
  3. Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
  5. Once you launch game just use your existing login credentials to play the game.

If you enjoyed Shattered Skies during the Alpha and Beta, we’d appreciate it if you will leave us positive review feedback on Steam to help promote the game! 

Thanks,
Shattered Skies Dev Team

OK - SO --Here's what I want --

1 - Go ahead and claim a key but reply as to which key you claimed.

2 - DO NOT use it

3 - Let's see if we can get an ops night for a Shattered Skies run though -- which means we would all start together and learn the game together at the same time.

4 -  I am hoping for a Sunday August 7 or Sunday August 14 day to start.  This gives anyone who will work in this way a few hours to get things ready to play.

5 - If you are not prepared to do this as a group all starting together then please do not take one of my keys.

Post any comments you have.

We will need Cav to decide if a Sunday night would work and which date it would be.  That may need to be known before you select a key as you will have to know if you can be there.

I would love to try this out if anyone can spare a key.

If you look earlier in this post, payton has his keys posted. You can grab one of those, just read his post to get the detail about posting up which one you grabbed.