• Announcements

• Cavadus

Senatus Populusque Marianus, Citizen: Enlist today!   09/21/2017

Citizen of the Marian Hegemony; our records indicate that you have not enlisted in the Marian Hegemony Armed Forces.  It is every citizen's duty stand as bulwark against the savages in the inner sphere.   >> Enlist in the Legions today!
Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Empyrion - Galactic Survival

43 posts in this topic

Official Website:  http://empyriongame.com/

Steam:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/

Wow, gotta say this game looks super impressive.  Hugely positive reviews on Steam as well.  Definitely going to pick this one up and give it a shot.

EDIT: The server we're currently playing on:

banner-273-1462429665.png

I'm on a server called "ROLL CALL GAMING" with some other stuff after it and I spawned on Terra Nova the planet.  Logging for dinner but will be back on tonight and playing for quite some time.  Would love to test drive Discord as well.

All of you Space Engineers guys will cream yourselves over this game.

EDIT: To connect the "ROLL CALL" server you need to install the anti-cheat.  In the main menu of the game click on "options", "other settings", and then check the box for enabling anti-cheat.  Apply and go back to main menu.  At the main menu exit the client completely and restart it.  You're now good to go.

Our base got totally fucked up. Couldn't ave been a player since we have offline protection. Both Capitol vessels are totally gone.

The damage is so random that I think one of the capitol vessels, most likely mine since it was parked closer to the base, glitched out and went flying into the base. I can see that happening since I've seen ships spawning in the ground and randomly moving around.

Time to move into the bunker?

The FOB is basically restored at this point though we've since moved nearly all of our assets to the bunker since it's quite a bit safer.  The tunnel has been completed again as well.

I'm currently finished up reinforcing the bunker's first floor so no one can just randomly dig into our bunker.  Dralzen has the Normandy SR-2 cooking though we did lose the Kodiak shuttle and will need to make another.

Yeah, they came back a few times.  FOB and all ships on the ground were completely obliterated.  Bunker is intact but some major modifications were made to the above ground structure mostly involving the creation of a spur which starts at the hill behind it and reaches out to cover the above-ground structure and a bit past it.  The structure is exactly as it was but you have to enter through a cave to approach it now.

A couple of things I learned:

1.  The plasma cannon, the highest damage per shot personal weapon, was completely ineffective against LDM's small vessel.  I landed three consecutive shots and he was able to easily break off, take cover behind a ridge, and then come back for another attack run.  I was pretty disappointed with that.

2.  All above ground structures that are visible are targets.  Period.  We can't allow this again.

3.  We never replaced our flak cannons after the hangar went poof and, as a result, one SV was able to butt fuck us.  

4.  Got two flak cannons down and he immediately broke off and hasn't been back since.

So, here's what we're going to do.  I was thinking about jerry-rigging the bunker and tunnels and all of that stuff but we're going to have pivot our operations and phase out the existing bunker.  However, it is the right idea in concept.

So what we're going to do is a metric fuck-load of digging.  If you're standing at the lone flak cannon and look in the direction opposite of the bunker's doorway you'll see a huge mountain range ahead and on the right with very sheer faces.  We're going to start digging and build a Hoth-style base in there starting with a massive hangar that needs to at least accommodate multiple SVs.

After that we're going to dig straight up to the tippy-top of the mountain ridge and install a series of AA batteries.  It's the highest terrain around so no one will be able to sneak up on them.

I'll take some screenshots and get the preliminaries drawn out.  This'll be a huge undertaking but hella worth it in the end.  We've had a lot of trouble really getting anything done off world and it's because our SVs never last long.  This'll be the permanent fix to that.

They kept attacking throughout the evening, destroying whatever we built up.  

Then conversation started happening in general chat about planned planet wipes to free up resources and whatnot, the idea being players make a CV and leave for somewhere else that isn't a starter planet.  Dunno if or when this will happen.  

Someone set up a small base in the mouth of the hangar, I started digging down, and down, and down, to hit the lava, got probably 35 blocks down before I had to take off, the plan being that I would put a core down there somewhere.  So whoever takes up again today, find my hole, keep digging, put a core down there somewhere deep and block it back up and stuff.  There is an elevator system with switchbacks and such to aid the digging.