Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

The Skies - Post-Apocalyptic Sandbox MMO

35 posts in this topic

This game has a different take on MMORPG because the storyline isn’t linear – it’s up to a player to create their own game reality and decide on their own role in it, which makes the game open both solo and team players. The main rule is simple: each action leads to changes in different spheres of the game world: characters’ relations, events, etc. While a player is deeply immersed in the game world and trying to find their place there, other players constantly change it with their actions. Wars between clans, seized or liberating cities and resource production and improvement of economic conditions depend on players.

MassivelyOP article:  http://massivelyop.com/2016/03/30/sub-based-survival-mmorpg-the-skies-hits-steam-early-access-next-week/

Official website:  http://skiesmmorpg.com/

If you message them on facebook right now they'll send you an alpha key.

https://www.facebook.com/skiesmmorpg/?fref=ts

Well, they had 1,000 keys to give out.  No idea if any are left but I messaged them yesterday.  Have not received a key yet.

I received this message from them today: "added you to the list of testers and will be sending the key on Monday, 11th. Thank you for your support and interest! Looking forward to seeing you in the game soon."

I just sent them a message yesterday and mentioned the 47th community. This was their reply:

"thank you very much for your interest and support! We've added you to the list of testers. and will try to provide keys for your community too. smile emoticon we're starting closed testing already on Monday, April 11th and same day the keys will be provided. Looking forward to seeing you on our alpha test!"

So give em a message and see what happens!

Got on their facebook page and told them I was in the 47th and we need keys to kick this game in the pooper as a group.

R6I5D-P06DB-9I963

A8TQ0-EVXAF-07TLR

IT25Z-Q7BRK-J859G

6BX2T-B6NJ9-PW6TW

ZAVR7-WK4PK-WPPC7

QFQZ6-HZEXC-JVWAY

Go to +Add a Game - activate a product on Steam to use the key. Response wasn't immediate (how dare they) but there could be more keys available if there is more interest.

Hahaha, why's that? Other than the god awful character models, that is.

It just feels too much like Rust and the million other survival games out there. Although there are some neat elements, I just feel the genre is played out for me. I may check it out later, but it is the first game in a long time I just closed and immediately uninstalled.

Like Rust?  I didn't think it felt like Rust at all.  I think both are on the Unity engine but The Skies seems like way more of a Fallen Earth rip.

I still think Project Genom is the best of the upcoming bunch. We'll see how The Repopulation handles things coming up.

It's definitely rough, but for a game that just made it off the Greenlight shelf, it's not horrible. I went in with pretty low expectations and its at least fun and stable. The translations and voice-overs are somewhat comical and the crafting/economy is mostly reliable.  Yes, there are a lot of quirks, but its fun for a minute. Heh heh.

Rust might be in the same survival genre, just as kindergarten is the same education "genre" as high school. I got more of the Fallen Earth/S-Zone feel. 

Pros:

- Complex enough crafting system

- Some nice mechanics like the base capturing

Cons:

- Ugly interface

- Terrible voice acting

- Bad quest structure

- Unfinished translations

- That huge "PREMIUM" banner in my face just makes me think all they want is to rip my money even AFTER I buy the game.

- Some weird attributes and skill points alocations that made absolutely no sense (like camouflage "aka stealth" being dependent of the Luck attribute)

There are many more cons I cant think of right now, but the overall experience I had was pretty negative except for the crafting and base capturing.