Sign in to follow this  
Bealin

Rust

32 posts in this topic

I just hopped on a server tonight to check it out.....it is a completely different game from before when I played....everything is different now, graphics are way nicer too. I did not delve very deep into it, but it was fun....would be cool if we got a few people to mess around in it one night.

How is the crafting in this?  Is there actually something to it?  Also, third person view?  What makes Rust better than ARK?

Crafting is very extensive from what I have seen. You start out with basic stuff and have to find blueprint fragments in dungeons and loot locations to make new blueprints and learn new crafting stuff.

No third person view, which I like as third person view typically gives an unfair advantage.

And I view Rust as one of the original survival EA games. It is hard for me to explain, but ARK just lost uniqueness to me. Also ARK felt less like a survival game and more like a taming simulator with hunger statuses just cause. Rust feels much more like a survival based game despite the hunger and thirst bars draining extremely slowly (Which makes them much less annoying). Also getting materials feels more difficult.

I might just like it because it is new and fresh for me, and not the same thing I have been playing for months.

For those currently playing, there was quite a battle and an attempted raid on us last night, everything was good when Dralzen and I logged off, but wouldn't be surprised if we get raided. On the bright side Sovereign gave me my pistol back AND a BP for the Bolt-Action Rifle!!

Ok so fun night again.

Carl's group started to raid us will I was online and inside. I sat in safe room and talked to them whilst they were breaking in. We negotiated and they are all actually really cool guys. They ended up stopping the raid and leaving when I gave them one c4 and they are now friendlies to us and potential allies after the wipe.

Carl, My Butt is Your Butt, and their clan mates are friendly guys that have given lots of tips. Do not kill these guys.

Also Dralzen decided to use the smoke grenade that calls a supply drop on our roof last night. He had a blast and I was freaking out the whole time, but we got the whole drop with no damage done. Note that those smoke grenades drop the crate literally EXACTLY where you throw them and let out a very noticeable purple smoke stack.

Ugh, good night

I think we should give Rust a try as an ops night game.  This is why:

• The server we've been on has a large population and almost everyone is a dick, thus they are all targets.  I feel this would be good for those of you who like to indiscriminately kill other players in this sort of game. 
  • The more of us, the more raiding we can do of the other big bases.  There are currently at least two large groups, one of which ran us out of our previous base and who need some serious comeuppance.  The second large group is going to mess with us eventually and will need some preemptive comeuppance sooner rather than later.  The latter group is apparently just 4 guys, who apparently never sleep.  Or work.  
  • The server wipes in various ways throughout the month so eventually things get reset, but not all at once.  This adds variability to gameplay and prevents certain large groups from being overpowered.  

I think we should give Rust a try as an ops night game.  This is why:

• The server we've been on has a large population and almost everyone is a dick, thus they are all targets.  I feel this would be good for those of you who like to indiscriminately kill other players in this sort of game. 
  • The more of us, the more raiding we can do of the other big bases.  There are currently at least two large groups, one of which ran us out of our previous base and who need some serious comeuppance.  The second large group is going to mess with us eventually and will need some preemptive comeuppance sooner rather than later.  The latter group is apparently just 4 guys, who apparently never sleep.  Or work.  
  • The server wipes in various ways throughout the month so eventually things get reset, but not all at once.  This adds variability to gameplay and prevents certain large groups from being overpowered.  

I'm down.  Could use a break from EGS even though that 4.0 patch looks awesome.

Rala and Payton have built a pretty huge hard to raid base, It just needs people to man it and farm more supplies for it.  We're pretty close to civilization so there is a lot of occasionally hostile foot traffic.  All you have to do is log in when one of us is online and we can make you a sleeping bag which you can spawn in right at the base.  

Guy named Carrara and his friend Chul something came by. Wanted 5K sulfur to not raid. I went out naked and chatted. He gave me 4 high stone walls and said how he would attack the base. They are the guys in the 3 tower base that was killing the helicopter.

They said they would attack the stone area above the lower metal with a rocket and then build up -- take out the outdoor cupboard and restrictions. Then go for our stuff up top.

Or they would just flatten the foundations to destroy the whole base.

So they got up the rocks somehow and were at our front door so I put up the outside walls and a gate. Plus I metal sheeted the lower levels as mush as I could on the 3 sides other than the river.

Rala -- I don't have building privileges on the area near the cave even though the wall is blue to set. So when we are on I will give you two to place.

We need lots of wood to burn metal  and then rocks again.