• Announcements

• Cavadus

Senatus Populusque Marianus, Citizen: Enlist today!   09/21/2017

Citizen of the Marian Hegemony; our records indicate that you have not enlisted in the Marian Hegemony Armed Forces.  It is every citizen's duty stand as bulwark against the savages in the inner sphere.   >> Enlist in the Legions today!
Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Project Genom

31 posts in this topic

Looks like it might be interesting.  Were you able to find out how to actually buy early access?  I go to the early access page but it appears to be a work in progress and doesn't have details on how much early access is nor how to actually buy it.

Ooh, so they go into some detail on the skill system.  It appears there are levels but all they grant is character points which can be spent on six or seven various stats.

Leveling up equipment seems identical to Defiance except that certain items require certain skill levels to even use.

Here's the new Project Genom video. Also, vote for them on Steam Greenlight!

Game is sounding better and better though. All sorts of vehicles, multiple planets, build spaceships, and the combat looks a lot like Defiance. The gear customization looks very cool as well.

Early access starts Q4 this year.

Guest Cabledx48

I voted for it on steam and when i get the computer up and running i also sign up for the beta myself as well

Spent some good time in-game the other day.  About two hours.  Gameplay feels nice and the characters move well.  Graphics are solid and the game looks great.  Unreal Engine 4 is pretty.

Basic gameplay definitely reminded me of Defiance.  Shooter but a little more on the arcade side of things.

Questing in it is weird... not super intuitive most of the time.  There are map markers but you can't guide yourself anywhere via HUD markers.  You either map check constantly or just memorize the area you're in.

Need to get a little more in depth with.  I only just made it to the mouth of the cave which leads to the outside world (you start out in a giant spaceship which has crashed into a mountain).

Overall, looks like it's in fairly decent shape though.  They've been putting out patches almost daily and they're fairly large (300 to 500+ MBs per).  I reckon in 6 in 12 months it might actually be something.