• Announcements

• Cavadus

Senatus Populusque Marianus, Citizen: Enlist today!   09/21/2017

Citizen of the Marian Hegemony; our records indicate that you have not enlisted in the Marian Hegemony Armed Forces.  It is every citizen's duty stand as bulwark against the savages in the inner sphere.   >> Enlist in the Legions today!
Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

The Health & Fitness Thread

31 posts in this topic

I need to look into this. Just got told my triglycerides are too high. Just means I need to step away from the smoker with the yummy brisket and pulled pork and step into some running shoes.

yeah, red meat is kind of frowned upon with this plan, but it's not BANNED. Pork, however is a complete no-no. Way too fatty.

Looks like winter is most likely officially over here in Minnesota so I decided to go for a run for the first time since November.  Over the winter I managed to gain 17 pounds.  Last summer I lost around 25.  So that sucked.  I need to figure some cardio I can do in the winter.  Would love to swim but membership at any place with a pool is pretty expensive.  Perhaps once I graduate and instantly become a millionaire it won't be an issue :P

Went two miles today at speed somewhere between the air force shuffle and running.  Covered it in 20 minutes which isn't horrible for it having been so long but I forgot about the weird digestive stuff that happens after plus the phelgmy throat.  Have been clearing my throat for HOURS.

Think I'll just lift tomorrow and break into cardio on an every-other-day start.  After a month or so of getting re-acclimated I'll do five days a week.

Anyways, it did feel pretty good to run, though!

Went two miles today at speed somewhere between the air force shuffle and running.

Lol, easy now. Leave my shuffle alone! Besides, we only need to move but so fast to get from the car to the base Starbucks!

Soooo I had hurt my shoulder awhile back, like 3-4 months ago, and took all that time off the gym, now in my 3rd week back, feels great to be back at it again, I was starting to feel like such a lazy piece of crap, and my belly got bigger.....gonna have to do extra ab workouts now to work on losing this belly, I hate taking such long breaks....so good to be back! Deadlifted 275lbs yesterday, working my way back up!

So I've been solidly back into running for three weeks now and already am feeling loads better.  No more headaches, sleeping much better, lots more energy during the day, etc.

I'm going to start running M/W/F and biking to and from work Tu/Th.  I'm up to 3 miles on the runs; aiming to get back up to 5.  Biking one-way is a hair under 5 miles and I think I'll lift those days too.

I really need to put some thought, effort, and discipline into my winter fitness planning which is where things always go wrong for me and I end up gaining back a lot of the weight I had lost in the previous summer.  I hate exercising indoors, though, so I'm going to have get into some type of cardio-based winter sport.  I've always liked snow-shoeing and cross country skiing.

I also need to get back into form with my rifle and pistol.  Start doing some real drills and training again rather than just a day or two at the range per month.  Once I start running a bit harder I'm going to try and incorporate my plate carrier and/or boots into the run.  Should make it plenty tough :)