• Announcements

• Cavadus

Senatus Populusque Marianus, Citizen: Enlist today!   09/21/2017

Citizen of the Marian Hegemony; our records indicate that you have not enlisted in the Marian Hegemony Armed Forces.  It is every citizen's duty stand as bulwark against the savages in the inner sphere.   >> Enlist in the Legions today!
Sign in to follow this  
Blueblood

Planetside 2

8 posts in this topic

Been playing this a good bit lately. I'm getting better at it. I've gone from "almost useless" to "below average" . I'm pretty good at Engineer in support roles but I hate the friggin' shotgun they give you. Every time I draw a bead on someone I've got like 3 shots left, which isn't enough to do anything really. As a Hvy infantry I'm getting better, although, the anti-vehicle rocket leaves a lot to be desired. Light Infantry is fun, and I'm still learning it. I need to spend some VR time to get my targeting down as well.

Do we have a presence in PS2?

Awards

Saw this on the forums and tried it out last night.  This will boost overall performance for many.  These are steps for setting the PS2 client as "high priority" for your CPU.  This means that the client will always be threaded above all other tasks and applications.

1. Open launcher and launch the game;
  2. ALT+TAB to desktop;
  3. Right click on the task bar and open the task manager;
  4. Go to the "Details" or "Processes" tab, find the Planetside 2 client;
  5. Right click on the Planetside 2 client and set to either "high" priority or "real time"; and
  6. Confirm and done.

Should definitely help out.  I noticed a boost of about 8 frames per second and it really makes a difference in large scale battles.

Oh, noticed this other night and got curious so I researched it a bit on the PS2 forums.  Was sometime last week and four of us were online.  Prowlers kept getting smoked by Sunderers.  Like, we were dead in less than five seconds.  And the Sundies were driving backwards to boot.

The Sundies had blockade armor and two M40 Fury AGLs.

Apparently the blockade armor reduces damage to the rear by 10% but the Sunderer's base armor doesn't vary by the face taking the damage like tanks do.  Meaning that with blockade armor the rear is the Sundie's most damage reducing surface.

And the M40s do decent anti-armor damage (which makes no sense).  So the Sunderer gets better armor, more health, and more close range DPS than even a 2/2 Prowler.  Sad.

I still hate that fucking tank...

Just a friendly PSA if you get smoked by a Sundie with it's ass facing you in a nano-second.

with full cloak, stealth, and mag size on the fury mounted on a flash a pair of them can kill a MBT in PS2. It does take a bit of coordination to pull it off and you have to work the flanks. You also have to be an infil to use cloak on a flash. 

Awards