• Announcements

• Cavadus

Senatus Populusque Marianus, Citizen: Enlist today!   09/21/2017

Citizen of the Marian Hegemony; our records indicate that you have not enlisted in the Marian Hegemony Armed Forces.  It is every citizen's duty stand as bulwark against the savages in the inner sphere.   >> Enlist in the Legions today!
Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Tom Clancy's The Division

258 posts in this topic

Well there are some upsides to them patch notes, recalibrating will no longer cost pheonix credits for high-end gear, it will not use normal credits, and the DZ pheonix credit vendor will now sell BP's for DZcredits instead of pheonix credits. Finally something to use all these credits for!! 

Crafting is going to blow now though, gonna take forever to get the mats to make anything, and its 10 green for a blue and 15 blue for a gold, and each high-end item will cost more in high-end materials as well. Although, the set items might make crafting gear almost pointless....might just have to craft weapons only, and maybe mods.

Well it will be nice to finally have a user for regular credits...cuz currently they are useless, even the DZ credits are pretty much useless, I have purchased every BP I can in the DZ with those credits and I still have over 400k left over, and with nothing left to buy its just going to keep going up. They need to have something good come along to spend the credits on, otherwise its a pointless currency if you ask me. Changing the BP costs in DZ6 from pheonix credits to DZ credits might help a little....but if its like all the other safe houses, I will have lets left over.

And yes, I have wasted a few pheonix credits on recallibrating some high-end gear to try and get more usefull bonuses....will be nice when that cost regular credits and I can save the pheonix credits for more useful things.

Per the patch notes, all the recipes from the DZ6 vendor will be moved to the BoO, and sold for Phoenix credits.  The Division Tech requirement will be removed for crafting.

The DZ6 vendor will get new Blueprints that will be purchasable with DZ credits.  These blueprints will be DZ level locked.  I think they will be levels 50, 75, and 99.

Not sure if this has been posted here, but now every Named Boss in the DZ at level 30+ will ALWAYS drop at least one High-End item. Also, they are increasing the drop rate of Division Tech to 40%.

They want random looting to be as satisfying as crafting. They don't want people just going to the DZ to farm items they are just going to break down for crafting... which is admittedly what we've all been doing.

Yeah, that does seem crazy OP.  I kinda dig Tactician's Authority.  Seems like the only one I'd get a lot of use out of since I tend to aim center mass even with a marksman rifle.  I guess Striker's Battlegear's 2 and 3 set bonuses are pretty good too.  +4,000 skill for a mere two pieces of Tactician is worth it, IMO.  And the 3 set bonus on Striker.  

So I think I'll run 2 Tactician, 3 Striker, and 1 high-end piece.  Maybe 3 Tactician?  Does skill-haste reduce the cooldown or just increase deployment speed?  If it reduces CD then I'll roll 3/3.

Looks like the master bonus for Sentry's Call is the only one which effects the entire group in anyway.

Also, none of these gear sets' individual pieces will have individual talents on them like high-ends do FYI.  They're talent-less outside of the set bonuses.

EDIT:  Yup, skill haste reduces CD so I'll be going  3/3 Tactician/Striker.

Oh, and here's the image for posterity.

[Click image below to enlarge]

divisionGearSets.jpg

And for the sake of easy reading...

Striker's Battlegear
  • 2 set: +20% Enemy Armor Damage
  • 3 set: +100% Critical Hit Damage
  • 4 set: Talent | Shooter Every consecutive hit deals 1% more damage. Stacks up to 100%. Missing shots drops bonus by 2%. Bonus is reduced by 1% every second.
Path of the Nomad
  • 2 set: +50% Scavenging
  • 3 set: +20% Health on Kill
  • 4 set: Talent | Nomad When receiving fatal damage you are instead healed to full health. Can occur once every 10 minutes.
Tactician's Authority
  • 2 set: + 4,000 Skill Power
  • 3 set: +20% Skill Haste
  • 4 set: Talent | Tactician's Authority Every 60k damage your group deals adds 1% skill power to you for a max of 100% bonus. Bonus is reduced by 1% every second the group isn't dealing damage.
Sentry's Call
  • 2 set: +30% Headshot Damage
  • 3 set: +20% Damage to Elites
  • 4 set: Talent | Stalker Headshots mark the enemy. Increasing the damage inflicted on the target by 15% for a duration of 10 seconds each. A target can receive up to three marks.

So somebody brought this up on the subreddit and it made so much fucking sense that I was kinda shocked it took me this long to come across it (and not think of it).

Peeps were chatting about support builds and, for the time I've seen, someone mentioned that LMGs are integral to skill power builds due to the suppression capabilities.  And obviously that players with skill power builds looking to synergize with a group should then make sure to attach a muzzle brake with increased threat for better suppression.

Anyways, it was quite the forehead slapper for me.  So obvious.  And I've known that Dralzen loved his M249 and it still never dawned on me.

Well, after our first attempt at the new Incursion, it is safe to say it is no cake walk, mind you the first time I did a challenge mission we got spanked too. We will figure it out soon enough, we will need to play around with gear setups and skills and talents and what not until we figure it all out. I look forward to the learning experience!