Sign in to follow this  
Cavadus

Shit We've Recently Watched (TV & Film)

286 posts in this topic

Daredevil

Starring: That Irish guy who slept with Nucky's wife in Boardwalk Empire, Rick's former best friend from the Walking dead (aka Shane), Rosario Dawson, and some guy that needs a haircut.

Are you a Punisher fan?  Great news, he's introduced in season 2.  Perfectly.  They get every single detail about him down pat and the character is portrayed brilliantly.  Oh, yeah, and Daredevil is in there too.  

So I just watched Hardcore Henry last night. I guess the reviews have been bad, has anyone else seen it? I liked it quite a lot. It had some of the craziest stunts I have seen.

Captain America: Civil War - Is by far the best Avengers movie to date.  The knock down drag out fight between Cap and Iron Man's two factions is epic, with a few surprise guest fighters that put the movie almost on a Deadpool level of dialog during the fight.  

:dashgold: Wayward Pines (season 1)

Starring:  Matt Dillon, Terrence Howard, Carla Gugino, Toby Jones, Juliette Lewis

I'm about for episodes in right now and liking it a lot.  I'm trying to think of how to summarize the premise and... yeah.  So, it's definitely in psychological horror realm with bits of sci-fi added in.  From what I've gathered so, Wayward pines is a town Idaho that's been artificially planned and maintained by Mysterious Evil(?) Forces.  It's really more of a prison than a town but it's dressed up as a perfect and idyllic small town.  

People are abducted from at least the local area, if not the greater U.S., and brought here to... live quaint and ideal lives.  That being said, if you try any shit like escaping or excessively talking about your previous life the local sheriff drags you into the town square and publicly executes you.  And all of the citizens of the town are clearly brainwashed as fuck as they chant the "town rules" like a bunch of Stalinist sympathizers.

There's also some tome of cryogenic element in play here as the newer residents who get added come from various years in the recent past.  So after peeps are captured they're sometimes put on ice for a certain amount of time before being released to the town.

It all seems odd and convoluted but the reveal of the truth of the town has been pretty compelling so far.  Normally stuff like this seems really formulaic, and the tropes of Matt Dillon's character certainly is, but the mystery of the town itself is quite engaging.  Even four episodes in I have basically no fucking clue what the town is about even though a substantial amount of information has been revealed.

Anyways, looking forward to finishing this season and the next one is currently in progress right meow.  Not sure what network it airs on.  I've been watching it on Hulu+.

Peaky Blinders... my favorite show since their first season (just release season 3, all on Netflix). Dad and I binge-watched seasons 1 and 2 already. I plan on replicating myself with the main character, Thomas Shelby.

Basically picture just after WW1, Birmingham, Britain, rising-up family gang dealing with illegal betting, horse race fixing, under-the table deals, and general corruption. Enjoy.